Sonic Electronix

so i recently got into car audio and i want 2 put a system in my jeep,so far i have a decent pioneer HU,a power acoustik 5500w stax model amp,and a pioneer champion series 3500w max sub,1.the sub is gonna b way overpowered,should i b ok if i just keep my gain down.2.am i gonna need a capacitor? especially since im not gonna b running the amp at its full potential.and any thoughts on the equipmet.any comments or suggestions would b greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum haha. No capacitor if anything an alt or battery. Run all 0 gauge with big 3 that 5500 is more like 2200 rms i dont know the sub but if you set the gains right you should be fine. Now for better equipment for cheap id recommend audioque you can get a aq1200 and a couple of street duty woofers and get some knu 0 gauge all for about 600. Or maybe a couple of level 3's.

Edited by deeje

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

Welcome to the forum haha. No capacitor if anything an alt or battery. Run all 0 gauge with big 3 that 5500 is more like 2200 rms i dont know the sub but if you set the gains right you should be fine. Now for better equipment for cheap id recommend audioque you can get a aq1200 and a couple of street duty woofers and get some knu 0 gauge all for about 600. Or maybe a couple of level 3's.

thanks,i already ordered the 0ga and ill definatly look into the audioque,ive been hearin some good things about it on this forum.

sears has 100 foot rolls of 0 gauge for 86 bucks GREAT DEAL

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

There is almost no reason for a capacitor, a second battery is 100x better. Any charging system upgrades and have you checked your voltage etc? I'd say that amp won't be putting out max so yes with the gain down you should be fine.

ill deff do that once the wire gets here,the second battery is a possibility cuz i do have one just lying around.

audioque is the way to go. thats what im useing and there awsome for the price . power acustic sucks ive had a few of there amps the older ones were decent but the new ones are not that good. and also kole audio is made by power acustic . i had the kole 5500d and its no were close to rated power. but bump the shit out of it till you can do better . theres nothing wrong with cheap stuff while your learning. ive tryed ever thing trying to save cash and ended up spend more in the long run. but i had fun doing it tho

Edited by big dee

that amp can output just about 1800rms on paper (its a lie what PA tell you and whoever else uses the same 5500w board)

by the way never go by max specs, they are just a number and mean absolutely nothing. from now on i highly recommend you only use RMS figures because it will make the future questions you may have SO much easier to answer.

oh and by the way (again haha) i wouldnt just slap any old battery in the trunk. if it isnt an AGM battery like this,

http://www.batterybatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/american-eagle-agm-battery.jpg

(notice how theres no caps to take off like the black ones on the top of the below battery)

and its one like this,

http://media.photobucket.com/image/duralast/two_much_talk/DuralastGoldBattery.png

then i HIGHLY recommend you do not put it in your trunk because those batteries with the removable caps (sometimes called flooded batteries) can release hydrogen gas which can kill brain cells and can catch on fire if there is a spark.

audioque is the way to go. thats what im useing and there awsome for the price . power acustic sucks ive had a few of there amps the older ones were decent but the new ones are not that good. and also kole audio is made by power acustic . i had the kole 5500d and its no were close to rated power. but bump the shit out of it till you can do better . theres nothing wrong with cheap stuff while your learning. ive tryed ever thing trying to save cash and ended up spend more in the long run. but i had fun doing it tho

yea ill use this one and save up some more $ 2 get the audioque.

that amp can output just about 1800rms on paper (its a lie what PA tell you and whoever else uses the same 5500w board)

by the way never go by max specs, they are just a number and mean absolutely nothing. from now on i highly recommend you only use RMS figures because it will make the future questions you may have SO much easier to answer.

oh and by the way (again haha) i wouldnt just slap any old battery in the trunk. if it isnt an AGM battery like this,

http://www.batterybatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/american-eagle-agm-battery.jpg

(notice how theres no caps to take off like the black ones on the top of the below battery)

and its one like this,

http://media.photobucket.com/image/duralast/two_much_talk/DuralastGoldBattery.png

then i HIGHLY recommend you do not put it in your trunk because those batteries with the removable caps (sometimes called flooded batteries) can release hydrogen gas which can kill brain cells and can catch on fire if there is a spark.

haha, that sounds like no fun,i put in a second battery tray in engine compartment 2 run a winch about a year ago but nvr baught one so ill make use of that one.