COLD AIR INTAKE *PICS*

hey quick question thou... ive noticed about 1/2 of all cobalt ss s/c owners get a cel when they install the cold air intake... but its never always on just sorta random. If its because the computer is thinking its being ran too lean then what could i do to fix it? bigger injectors?

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

well the whole point is to use air instead of gasoline fuel. so now i get to look into a NEW FILTER!! ;D

To Slide Sideways Or Not To Slide Sideways?

Head unit: Pioneer AVH-5000DVDSpeakers: 4 Pionner TS-G6842R Amplifier: Alpine MRD-300Subwoofers: 10" JL

thats true but running lean is the only thing i could think of that would cause a check engine light...

my main concern is the fact that i have a brand new car and i dont want to see the check engine light on all the time because of a cai. not because i think the cai is bad but if something else were to go wrong and trip the cel and im already used to seeing it then i probably wont catch it... Im just trying to be extra careful since i have a forced induction car

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

the supercharger whine? hell ya it sounds mean. and supposivly the cai makes it alot louder

• 4 weeks later...

well looks like i will be getting a cai soon... my major dilema now is if i should install it myself and risk a potential cel from doing it wrong or take it somewhere to get what is a realativly easy mod done by a pro.

Install it yourself. Here's what I'd do.

Before installing just take a peak around and see if there are an sensors attached to your current air intake and then install this one, just as you took of the old.

If you get a CEL. Put the stocker back on and take your car to the dealer, or autozone. Both can hook up an ODB scanner and remove the CEL.

Or if you own a laptop, go to ODBII.com and buy the software and remove the code yourself.

Kev

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Install it yourself. Here's what I'd do.

Before installing just take a peak around and see if there are an sensors attached to your current air intake and then install this one, just as you took of the old.

If you get a CEL. Put the stocker back on and take your car to the dealer, or autozone. Both can hook up an ODB scanner and remove the CEL.

Or if you own a laptop, go to ODBII.com and buy the software and remove the code yourself.

Kev

I was probably going to install it mysel anyway but thanks for the idea about the cel thing... i figure the only way an intake can do a cel is due to installer error so i wanted to minimize that.

Ill post up once i get her installed

Archived