Suggestions Welcome! (look inside :) )

*I've posted this on other forums, and I've seen some members here that visit the same forums, so bare the repetitivesness, I'd just like to get a wide range of opinions*

I currently own a Pioneer DEH-8600MP head unit..it's features are great, good sound quality, and its got 3x 4v outputs..

I am thinking of switching to the Kenwood 617DVD indash reciever.. Now I can't decide on which one is a better unit.

The 8600 has great features, and so does the Kenwood.. The 8600 has 3x 4v preamps, and the kenwood has 3x 2v outputs..does this really matter so much? both thier power is 22X4 rms.. I know that I don't get the full 4v out of my pioneer, and I believe it may be the same for the Kenwood.

I listen to hip hop music, but i'd like to have some music videos in the car also, and eventually get all the extras just for fun..

What would you recommend? should I keep the unit I have? or go with the indash? what would suit my system better? I like listening to music Loud, without compromising quality.

my system is as follows:

Pioneer DEH-8600MP HeadUnit

RF p4004 amplifier (speakers)

RF P6001BD Amp (sub)

RF T112D4 (running at 2ohm load)

RF 162S Components

RF 1694c 6x9's

RF P132C (3.5 inch for Dash)

Stinger 1.2 Farad Cap

I see Booty

2007 Toyota Camry

19" VMR Rims

H&R Lowering Springs.

Magnaflow Exhaust System

K&N Air Intake

6k HID Projectors & Fogs w/ Black housed headlights.

Optima Yellow Top - Front. Kinetik HC 600 - Trunk

Kenwood KVT-617

Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2

Rockford Fosgate T2001-BD - Sub Amp

Alpine MRV F-345 - Front stage

Front Stage - A pillars - Dayton Audio 4" mids w/ Vifa Tweeters

Front Doors - Vifa - 6.5" midbass 1" Vifa Tweeters

Subwoofers - 2x 12" Image Dynamics IDMAX - 2.91 cuft ported enclosure tuned at 25hz

On both you would benefit from a line driver like The Audiocontol Matrix

explain! :)

anyother suggestions?

I see Booty

2007 Toyota Camry

19" VMR Rims

H&R Lowering Springs.

Magnaflow Exhaust System

K&N Air Intake

6k HID Projectors & Fogs w/ Black housed headlights.

Optima Yellow Top - Front. Kinetik HC 600 - Trunk

Kenwood KVT-617

Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2

Rockford Fosgate T2001-BD - Sub Amp

Alpine MRV F-345 - Front stage

Front Stage - A pillars - Dayton Audio 4" mids w/ Vifa Tweeters

Front Doors - Vifa - 6.5" midbass 1" Vifa Tweeters

Subwoofers - 2x 12" Image Dynamics IDMAX - 2.91 cuft ported enclosure tuned at 25hz

a linedriver will increase your voltage. the matrix can bump you up to as high as 13 volts (most amps can only hold 5v input)so it is adjustable. So you can take your 2v h/u run short rca's to matrix (and there are others, I trust audiocontol) the matrix will bump your voltage to 5v then run rca from matrix to your amps and give your amps a cleaner stronger signal.

go here = mobileaudiocontrol.com

a linedriver will increase your voltage. the matrix can bump you up to as high as 13 volts (most amps can only hold 5v input)so it is adjustable. So you can take your 2v h/u run short rca's to matrix (and there are others, I trust audiocontol) the matrix will bump your voltage to 5v then run rca from matrix to your amps and give your amps a cleaner stronger signal.

go here = mobileaudiocontrol.com

What would the benefit be? 

1. strong signal to the amps

2. cleaner signal

3. the gains on the amp will be turned down

4 LESS CHANCES OF CLIPING SIGNAL

(or atleast thats what i have been told by dam near everyone)

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Guest 90accordman

1. strong signal to the amps

2. cleaner signal

3. the gains on the amp will be turned down

4 LESS CHANCES OF CLIPING SIGNAL

(or atleast thats what i have been told by dam near everyone)

Look into the Line driver for the reasons stated and Get a Clarion VRX765VD

Clearer picture

better ipod integration

cleaner sound

dont forget, noise is noise... if you have a dirty head unit, and upgrade to a line driver, your still boosting that dirty sound up to a higher voltage. If the Line driver has some very impressive noise blocking specs, like 0.009 thd, 110db s/n ratio, and a average deck, you will be able to crank up to about 75% or higher, and when you listen to music like say, clasical, and you hear that white noise in the background, between beats, or during song change, or when people are talking like in the beggining of song, Thats Signal to noise ratio/thd, usually its not an issue, and most swear they cannot hear it,  but yeah, anyways, dirty deck, with a line driver can lead to a dirty sound, but again, thats only if your picky like that.

I dont think came out that good, i had a 6pack, and 2 Sparks, sorry if it got confusing

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived