Sonic Electronix

what wir should i use for this ground

ok so i have a bolt going through a wall to go to my amplifier grounds could i run 2 4ga grounds to both amps to the bolt and then 1 4ga ground to the ground ?? or should i get a 0ga for the other side of the bolt ??? the amps are p400-4 and p300-1 so not a huge amount of wattage going through but would like to make sure before i solder all the connections.

You're fine using 4 gauge. As long as the connections are secured, I wouldn't worry about it. I see groung noise in your future though, just because of the nature of what you're trying to do, but maybe not.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Because generally you want your ground to be short and to the point. Not attach to a bolt here and there, solder there, widn there, crip here, there everywhere. lol. It might not though.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

well it will be about 4 inches from bolt to amp then 6 or 7 inches from bolt to car ground ... all connections are soldered and bolt washers nut all copper all high quality Rockford Fosgate 4AWG OFC wire it would be that or i would use a distribution block to go from 2 to one so they both seem like the same.

Archived