Sonic Electronix

just got my amp back from rockford it was my mid/high amp p400-4 and hooked up the amp to the subs to see how they sound and its only 200watts hooked up to 2xp1 300watt rms combined would pushing the amp to much to get the bass cause clipping ??? and would i see better bass from them once i get the p300-1 ?

It wont cause clipping unless you wire it to a unstable ohm load.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

It wont cause clipping unless you wire it to a unstable ohm load.

i think you accidentally every other cause of clipping also, like gain settings, bass boost, bass settings, LOUD, etc

Well if amp is uunder rated I think I had gain to high to compensate the amp is 2ohm bridged to 200 watts and the subs are 4ohm wired in paralell to 2 ohms I had the bass increase at full on radio so that passengers can mess with it safely but could to small wire from amp to subwoofer cause clipping ?? What are some other causes of clipping??

Well if amp is uunder rated I think I had gain to high to compensate the amp is 2ohm bridged to 200 watts and the subs are 4ohm wired in paralell to 2 ohms I had the bass increase at full on radio so that passengers can mess with it safely but could to small wire from amp to subwoofer cause clipping ?? What are some other causes of clipping??

Or a bad conecction to subwoorfers ?

No, but having the bass turned all the way up on the head unit could cause it. If you want 'safety' you should turn the bass all the way down. Or better yet set the gain correctly so if you turn it all the way up, it still isn't clipping.

Archived