Ok so I have a buddy that contacted me this morning and asked me to put a stereo together for him that would go pretty hard. He drives an 03 Impala 3.4l. His budget will be $2000.00

We are doing a complete stereo here. So that $2000 must include EVERYTHING but an alt and batteries. He is going to get a new alt and batteries

The only thing set in stone is he does want a DVD Touchscreen head unit.

I was thinking

I am not sure on the head unit. I am not up on the newer units. I would say $450 for the HU budget. GPS options, DVD playback/touchscreen a must. Double din would probably work better because I think the impalas dash kinda sticks out so a flip out might be a pain.

2 AQ HDC3 12's copper coils OR T3 T2000 12's

1 AQ2200D

1 AQ4x90

1 set of T3 TS6 components for the front

1 set of T3 T69C for the rear

KnuKoncepts KCA 1/0 for Big 3, rear batts and power/ground for the 2200D

Knukoncepts Flexs wire for the 4x90 (unsure of power ground size, assume 4ga)

Kunkoncepts Karma SS 16ga for the highs and 8-10ga for the subs

Knukoncepts Karma SS RCAs as well

What do you think about my choices....feel free to make your own list. Just keep the $2k in mind for this budget. Obviously it would be nice to come in under budget so we can spend that money on the batteries.

I am looking at Ohio Gen and Mechman for alt prices

Batteries I was thinking a Kinetik 1400 up front and a couple 1800s in the trunk should do fine.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

not bad. you can always get the crescendo comps to cut price. at 100 bucks a pair its apretty good deal.

I picked up a kenwood ddx516 for 360. After adding all the crap you need it was right aroudn 400.

dont forget that car needs the GM hates you harness that is a litlte more expensive

I really dont care much for T3. Seems like they can't ever do what they say they are going to. jmo

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

How much are you setting aside for materials for the enclosure?

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

As far as T3 goes, I can get some pretty nice pricing that and supporting a fellow team member are the two main reasons for throwing them in there.

This is my 1st impala build, whats this harness your talking about?

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

im not sure what the actual number is it used to be a GMRC 01. The newer gms tie into the computer via the factory head unit. This allows the retention of the factory door chimes etc. some of them. (like the cavalier and what not) only lose the door chimes if you dont use it. Others lose alot more.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

How much are you setting aside for materials for the enclosure?

I am the Store Manager at a small builders supply, so materials wont be much. I can get MDF for about $17 a sheet. I can get my distributor to donate the glue and screws.

Do two 12" T1000's jeff not T2000's will save you money i vote all t3 but im biased

Think the T1000's would pair up better than the T2000s? Wheres ed.

d(-__-)b

So without this GMRC01....we loose the door chime. What else might we loose. I mean if it was my car i would love to loose the damn door chime. Crutchfield says "other audible safety warnings"...like what?

d(-__-)b

Well if your running just a single AQ 2200d yes due to the fact T1000's take the 1000rms they will be pushed to perform how you want them too. If you run t2000's your not going to be feeding them the right power they want yes your still giving them 1krms each but they ask for 2krms each thats my viewing point in it ,

im not sure. some plain shit the bed. Some are just the chimes. ill look into it. in my malibu the CEL came on

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High