Sonic Electronix

how is the orion hcca line of subs and amps? the other day went to a local audio shop and saw the 15" orion hcca .. wow what a woofer . just want to know if it is worth investing in .

alpine head unit (freebee 2009 model)2 sets of eclpise 5.25 comp. speakers.

1. set is in the a-pilors

1. memphis mojo 2500 watt amp

1. rockford fosgate t2 15"

dual 2 ohm wired to 4 ohm . seeing 600 watts

1. realm audio 600 watt 4ch

how is the orion hcca line of subs and amps? the other day went to a local audio shop and saw the 15" orion hcca .. wow what a woofer . just want to know if it is worth investing in .

I have A HCCA 12.2 on my workbench - man, it is a monster. I have no beef with orion, or the product they built. Seems very solid.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

I have A HCCA 12.2 on my workbench - man, it is a monster. I have no beef with orion, or the product they built. Seems very solid.

well that sounds good to hear. so that 12.2 you have, how did it sound and what amp were you running to it ? i have the room to do 2 15's but it will be very tight was thinking of running the 12's

well that sounds good to hear. so that 12.2 you have, how did it sound and what amp were you running to it ? i have the room to do 2 15's but it will be very tight was thinking of running the 12's

I took it on a trade, still brand new never powered. I am curious to see what it could do.

All the new HCCA stuff that I have heard has been in half-ass installs, so I really can't tell the full potential.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

If its the newer hcca amps its crap. Rated at max. Old school hcca amps are legit. I love the hcca subs but they didn't like anything over rms. I installed two 12.2s on two AQ2200 and they were beautiful!

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I took it on a trade, still brand new never powered. I am curious to see what it could do.

All the new HCCA stuff that I have heard has been in half-ass installs, so I really can't tell the full potential.

not a bad trade. the store i went to said they would do 2 12's for $700 and the 15's at 700 each. not cheep for sure.

If its the newer hcca amps its crap. Rated at max. Old school hcca amps are legit. I love the hcca subs but they didn't like anything over rms. I installed two 12.2s on two AQ2200 and they were beautiful!

what size box did you use ? was it ported ?

what size box did you use ? was it ported ?

Of course ported, lol. And 2.5 cubes after displacement tuned to 35hz

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?