Second Skin Audio

Aero Port Questions

Since im rebuilding my box, im wondering about aero ports.

Subs 2 SA 12s

Amp AQ1200D 4 gauge

My Box Specs are W 30 H 14 D 24

Is there anything i should know about aero ports like how far they should be away from a wall

Idk this might be my best bet. 2 5inch aeros tuned to 35hz with 11 cu feet of port puts me in good port range.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks! :drinks:

mJzD9.png

Since im rebuilding my box, im wondering about aero ports.

Subs 2 SA 12s

Amp AQ1200D 4 gauge

My Box Specs are W 30 H 14 D 24

Is there anything i should know about aero ports like how far they should be away from a wall

Idk this might be my best bet. 2 5inch aeros tuned to 35hz with 11 cu feet of port puts me in good port range.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks! :drinks:

They don't make 5" Aeros, they have 4" and 6" though. Try to keep them the diameter of the port away from the wall. So if its a 6" port, keep it 6" away from the wall.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

will i be ale to fit 3 4 inch aero ports on the front of the box thats 14 inches tall because its tuned perfectly.

30 wide 14 high 22 deep

3 4 inch aeros that are 18in long tuned to 35hz

Just remember that the tubes will be 4", the flares will be larger. I'm not exactly sure how wide the 4" flares are, but the flares for my 6" aeros are 9" wide if that gives you an idea.

Edit: I found this on the Precision Port website...

Can be used in any type of ported enclosure as long as you have left a minimum diameter of 5.25" for 2" ports, 6.25" for 3" ports, 7.25" for 4" ports, and 9.25" for 6" ports.
Edited by bobonit

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

will i be ale to fit 3 4 inch aero ports on the front of the box thats 14 inches tall because its tuned perfectly.

30 wide 14 high 22 deep

3 4 inch aeros that are 18in long tuned to 35hz

edit.. already answer took too long to type

Edited by herbykw

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

where does the 11 cubic feet in the port come from??

box looks like itll be about 4.5cubes? two 6" ports will give you 56.5 square inches of port area so its about 12.5 per cubic foot. that should work very well. exept you'll never get down to 35hz. full length of those ports are 17" and itll give you a tuning around 39-40hz. just going off memory here.

my box is JUST like what you are trying to do. might want to check out my build log. only difference is mine is a little shorter but wider.

also make sure there is at least 5" from the front of the port to any hatch.

edit - shit, i guess i type slow at work.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.