Sonic Electronix

What is in series and parallel? Sorry bear with me as I am a quick learner but I didn't really learn from anyone. My neighbor just hooked it up and I watched so all I really learned was how to hook it up not how to tune it or anything and I didn't ask him to tune the amp cause I didnt know any better :/ at least now I know I can ask around here thanks to all the kind help :) and also does halving my resistance make my sub hit harder or what? or is it vice versa and doubling the resistance makes it hit harder?

series = positive to negative

parallel = positive to positive, negative to negative.

this will help you understand.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=1&I=22

first is parallel, second is series. thats a dual 2 sub too, just like yours.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

What is in series and parallel? Sorry bear with me as I am a quick learner but I didn't really learn from anyone. My neighbor just hooked it up and I watched so all I really learned was how to hook it up not how to tune it or anything and I didn't ask him to tune the amp cause I didnt know any better :/ at least now I know I can ask around here thanks to all the kind help :) and also does halving my resistance make my sub hit harder or what? or is it vice versa and doubling the resistance makes it hit harder?

If no one answers this i will later. Currently on my mobile in the process of getting cut. Quick easy answer though is power and install. If you're running one sub off of one amp, you could wire the d2 sub to 1 ohm on the amp giving the most power. Double the resistance to 4 ohm and the amp will not provide as much power.

Now say you had an amp that was only stable at 2 ohms? Or you're running multiple drivers? Now the voicecoil configuration plays a huge part. A d2 sub is not better than a d4, or weaker than a d1. It depends on your specific install

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I didnt understand sub sonic and i'm just trying to make sure I got the phase shift part right. so if you invert your subs the 180 basically stands for 180 degree rotation of the subs so the amp will probably adjust its settings but does inverting your sub make any difference?

Unless your sub has a big ass sex magnet on it, and you want everyone who sees it to shit their pants there's really no reason to invert your sub.

There are some subs that do better, but majority of the time, put it in the box, and dont mess with phase :P And subsonic doesn't let your sub play the low lows and bottom the shit out of it. Just like low pass doesnt allow the sub to play above the set hert, low lass wont let it play under. You usually dont want subs playing like 10 hertz. lol.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

oh ok now i get that but what i asked was what kind of difference does it make if i halve/double my ohms?

again, you're messing with restistance. Let me put it like this so you can understand, i'll probably get ninja'd but oh well lol.

Your sub is dual 2. If you wire it to 4 ohms, its like shoving a golf ball in a garden hose. It's not gonna let that much power to the nozzle, in this case the sub, Now take the sub and wire it to 1 ohm. It's like putting a bb pellet in the hose. Lot more water (power) going to the nozzle (sub) thus, being able to be louder.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

About the wiring diagram for in series & parallel isnt parallel just bridging? because thats what I did I had a wire connected from the + to - on my amp and then another pair of + and - to my sub

so you only had a + and - from the amp to 1 coil?

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

Archived