Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Recommended Posts

Posted

Okay, here goes nothing. I couldn't find much info on the recommended box specs for AQ SDC2.5 12's and I'm working on designing/building a box for my buddies truck. The subs will be 2 12s and on an AQ1200d. Looking to go ported, probably tuned to 35hz. Equipment choice is final as he already has it all ordered. Just need help with how much sq in of port and recommended box size. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

Posted

As i just learned recently AQ subs are best tuned to around 37hz. Have yet to test this for myself but it is what ive been hearing alot lately. My 15 is tuned to 32hz and i feel like i lost a little of the upper range of bass. Also 2.4-3.0 cu is what is shown on the AQ site for 2 10's. They say 1.2-1.5 cu for the 10's. I hate how they dont make things like this clear but oh well. Good product. Hope this helps.:) And if you need anything ill help to the best of my knowledge.

Posted

What's recommended for 2 12's? Thanks for all the help also. I too dislike how they don't make it clear, unless they don't know. Lol.

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

Posted

Oops 2 12's haha guess i cant read and eat taco bell at the same time... Anyways 12-inch subs work in 1.8-2.5 net cuft I would do my best to give them around 3.6-5.0 cu depending on how much space you would like to take up. A bigger box gets louder but once you get too big the bass seems a little shallow to me personally. Best info i can send you off with. All I know is im VERY happy with the way my 15 sounds so I must have done something right.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2871 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...