Sonic Electronix

keep blowing inline fuse from battery

keep blowing inline fuse from battery going to 2 amps, only happens when i crank the volume up really loud. the fuse came with an amp kit so it may be a cheapie it is 100 amp... do i need to upgrade the inline fuse or what? cannot remember what the fuse ratings are for my amps but they are : boston acoustics gt28 and sundown audio 125.2

Fuse the wire and not the amps as each amp will have its own fuses, here is a link to a wire calculator, just put in the size, length and volts and that will let you know what to fuse it at. Maximum current is the amount of amps that can run safely through the wire.

http://bcae1.com/images/swfs/wirepowercalculator.swf

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

You need a bigger fuse, you so pulling more that 100 amps.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

does it blow right away after you turn it up all the way? your amps are fused for almost double what your inline is, I would switch to a 200.

yes, it blows the fuse right away when it is turned up and starts to rattle the windows. what kind of inline fuse would you recommend?

yes, it blows the fuse right away when it is turned up and starts to rattle the windows. what kind of inline fuse would you recommend?

I would check to make sure there are no loose connections or cut wires before you upgrade, fuses can last up to 5 minutes when twice their rated current is pulled, and you're not pulling 200amps.

http://www.amazon.com/Link-ANL150-150-Amp-Fuses/dp/B000P0UBPO

get something like that, either 150 or 200 amp, check your wiring first though, if any of it is burnt or cut replace it or you'll be driving down the road in a ball of fire one day.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

Archived