I agree on the numbers deal. I tell people I was doing a 53 @ 32Hz they say well I did a 53.5 @ 45Hz so I'm louder.

It turns into a pissing match with no winner, one car may meter higher while the other moves a lot more air and gives a more impressive demo. Also I love when people compare their Honda hatch numbers to those from a Suburban. It's just totally different imo.

Looks good for the "piles" :drink40:

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

I was kinda wondering what brand amps?

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Nice, It does look like it hits the lows pretty damn good.

yep and now im going to try to tune it a little higher, hopefully around 40hz

Love this Thread. one of my gripes with car audio, most people really think you gotta have Expensive shit to get a nice sound. False

i have cheap subs but with a good amp and a awesome box people always thought my Xplods were like 15's and shit. so i am also a firm believer in 90%install and 10%Equipment.

Thanks

I agree on the numbers deal. I tell people I was doing a 53 @ 32Hz they say well I did a 53.5 @ 45Hz so I'm louder.

It turns into a pissing match with no winner, one car may meter higher while the other moves a lot more air and gives a more impressive demo. Also I love when people compare their Honda hatch numbers to those from a Suburban. It's just totally different imo.

Looks good for the "piles" :drink40:

exactly.....Hey don't pick on my piles.lol

I was kinda wondering what brand amps?

The reason Im avoiding saying product name is that Ive done that in the past and the company(s) didnt appreciate the shout outs and that's that I paid full price to boot so all Im going mention is the spec side of it. Sorry Punky

sweet

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Never! this number thing is too much for me, guys hang on this number thing and half don't understand what it means, numbers are not just numbers.

no it also helps

i myself like to reference it with what i've experienced with my vehicle and so on

so it helps relate the 2 because i know i'm never going to see this thing in person and i know its loud from the video but without knowing numbers its hard to judge

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

no it also helps

i myself like to reference it with what i've experienced with my vehicle and so on

so it helps relate the 2 because i know i'm never going to see this thing in person and i know its loud from the video but without knowing numbers its hard to judge

i know what you mean but i have seen countless times that guys get ambushed as soon as they display numbers like let's say I hit a 156, then im going to catch all the guys saying "my 2 10's are louder" or my boy's 1 8" on 75 watts hits just as hard as you, I mean Ive seen it.. all i can do is show the demos, hair tricks, people's live reactions but as far as numbers go, I think ill keep to myself or better said i wont even meter it. The thing is moving incredible air and as soon as i can, i will have a young lady there to do a hair trick or put a towel on the window i guess. Sorry uhoh_45

oh no i understand completely

and i was actually curious about these subs and thinking of using one in a home theater setup

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

oh no i understand completely

and i was actually curious about these subs and thinking of using one in a home theater setup

try them, you will not be disappointed, I have 2 of them for home theater as well and sound great...shakes everything.

Archived