TorK102 Posted November 21, 2010 Author Report Posted November 21, 2010 I've decided to put an external port. But I can finish the box until tomorrow. I like having the option to change tuning. Can you bend an aeroport? And if so, how? My bass is louder than your mom... DC Level 4 15" with Level XL soft parts Planet Audio BB2400.1 Pioneer DEH-6000UB Head Unit 950 amp Kinetic Battery
Ford302Redneck Posted November 22, 2010 Report Posted November 22, 2010 Everybody I've known to try aeroports with bends have lost. You can use PVC pipe fittings for this if you really want to.
Ford302Redneck Posted November 22, 2010 Report Posted November 22, 2010 I don't compete but the easiness of changing tuning with external aero is important, the few times I've built a SPL setup. I'm not 100% all of them don't care about that. I know once you figure out what works then it may not matter but for most it takes a good bit of testing and tuning. Also I know if I had to build a new box everytime I wanted to change tuning by one, I wouldn't compete. Building 50+ boxes to maybe not even find the right one is crazy.
TorK102 Posted November 22, 2010 Author Report Posted November 22, 2010 Yeah I would definitely rather buy it. I didn't know you could get them already flared. Would home depot or lowes have flared pvc? I didn't see any when I was there My bass is louder than your mom... DC Level 4 15" with Level XL soft parts Planet Audio BB2400.1 Pioneer DEH-6000UB Head Unit 950 amp Kinetic Battery
Ford302Redneck Posted November 22, 2010 Report Posted November 22, 2010 No. Google PSP Aeroports. No sure who sells them these days.
fecupe2001 Posted November 22, 2010 Report Posted November 22, 2010 PSP ports. I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion! 2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/ 8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/
TorK102 Posted November 22, 2010 Author Report Posted November 22, 2010 Alright thanks guys. I'm testing now, that's why I'm using pvc. But I'm definitely picking up one of these aero ports. Are they easy to change tunings with? My port is external My bass is louder than your mom... DC Level 4 15" with Level XL soft parts Planet Audio BB2400.1 Pioneer DEH-6000UB Head Unit 950 amp Kinetic Battery
Ford302Redneck Posted November 22, 2010 Report Posted November 22, 2010 Oh wow. If you don't know how easy it is to change tuning with external aeroports, maybe SPL isn't for you.
TorK102 Posted November 22, 2010 Author Report Posted November 22, 2010 Dude. I just wasn't sure if I take the tube off and pop a new one in, or if I unscrew the flange and put a new port in. I haven't looked that closely at the ports before and this is a learning curve for me. Way to try insulting someone who is trying to learn My bass is louder than your mom... DC Level 4 15" with Level XL soft parts Planet Audio BB2400.1 Pioneer DEH-6000UB Head Unit 950 amp Kinetic Battery
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.