TorK102 Posted November 19, 2010 Report Posted November 19, 2010 I need a little help here. I want to build a burp box for my DC Level 4 15", it has level XL soft parts on it. I want it tuned to 45hz and 3 cubic ft volume. I am probably going to run about 3-4k (before rise obviously) to it on a burp. I was wondering, should I build an internal or external port? Should I do a slot port or aero port. Ideas? Thanks My bass is louder than your mom... DC Level 4 15" with Level XL soft parts Planet Audio BB2400.1 Pioneer DEH-6000UB Head Unit 950 amp Kinetic Battery
anubis Posted November 19, 2010 Report Posted November 19, 2010 they will need to know what vehicle you are using and placment. 1998 Monte Carlo Z34 Stock HU but have replacement Stock Highs Stock Electrical BTL 18 sitting naked AP1500D
C-Fizzy Posted November 19, 2010 Report Posted November 19, 2010 Usually people use external aeroports on burp box's, just to make changes to tuning alot easier. under construction I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me. u hate c-fizzy?
TorK102 Posted November 19, 2010 Author Report Posted November 19, 2010 Its in a 1995 mercury cougar. In the trunk. Probably sub up, port forward. That's why they use external ports? I didn't know that. Someone told me it makes it louder My bass is louder than your mom... DC Level 4 15" with Level XL soft parts Planet Audio BB2400.1 Pioneer DEH-6000UB Head Unit 950 amp Kinetic Battery
TorK102 Posted November 19, 2010 Author Report Posted November 19, 2010 Bump for knowledge My bass is louder than your mom... DC Level 4 15" with Level XL soft parts Planet Audio BB2400.1 Pioneer DEH-6000UB Head Unit 950 amp Kinetic Battery
kirill007 Posted November 20, 2010 Report Posted November 20, 2010 Its in a 1995 mercury cougar. In the trunk. Probably sub up, port forward. That's why they use external ports? I didn't know that. Someone told me it makes it louder And also make them louder sometimes. Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
TorK102 Posted November 20, 2010 Author Report Posted November 20, 2010 Thanks man. So would you go with a slot port or aero port? Its only a temp burp box My bass is louder than your mom... DC Level 4 15" with Level XL soft parts Planet Audio BB2400.1 Pioneer DEH-6000UB Head Unit 950 amp Kinetic Battery
kirill007 Posted November 20, 2010 Report Posted November 20, 2010 Thanks man. So would you go with a slot port or aero port? Its only a temp burp box Aero port all the way. You can cut it down easily, to achieve the right tuning freqeuncy Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
TorK102 Posted November 20, 2010 Author Report Posted November 20, 2010 Good point. I assume pvc should work pretty well right? And do I need to 45 the box at all? Or just build it with the aero port? My bass is louder than your mom... DC Level 4 15" with Level XL soft parts Planet Audio BB2400.1 Pioneer DEH-6000UB Head Unit 950 amp Kinetic Battery
kirill007 Posted November 20, 2010 Report Posted November 20, 2010 No, i actually mean a aeroport, not a round port. psp-aeroports are good.. Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.