voltage problems

I disconected the dekas and my voltage drop was worse, but at the front batt it doesent drop below 13.9, and what's the difference if I groined to the frame or the chassis?

The difference is 11v vs 14v I think... ;)

The difference is one is the ground the other is connected to it through god only knows what (small bolts, screws, plastic, rubber, whatever). Just ground up front from alt to strut and strut to battery and you'll be good IMO. You remove one nut, sand it down, put the terminals over the bolt, and tighten the nut back up. That's it.

and if my ground was bad wouldn't my front batt get effected by it too

No because your front battery isn't drawing 250+ amps through a 15ft wire.

EDIT: Wait a minute... "If my ground was bad"? Right... I think you meant "If my grounds were bad"...

I smell a rat... You aren't being completely honest. You either didn't do the big 3 or aren't using 1/0.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

I have all 0 gauge and have the big three done I have my front batt and alt ground grounded to the same bolt but I think that bolt is on the chassis, I'm goin to try grounding it to the strut

Cool sorry for being curt, it's early still and I just made coffee ;)

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

do another test for me. measure voltage at both sides of the fuse holder but be sure your probes are on the wire. let me know what you find.

did you try this???

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived