So i have ordered 2 sets of HID's for my car from DDMtuning (and one from ebay) and they worked flawlessly and are still running today (in different vehicles).

so i ordered some bulbs from HIDGeeks (thought i would try out another company). i hooked them up to my DDMtuning 55w ballasts and i fire them up. after they warm up, they seem to almost dance when they are pointed at a wall. they are also slightly different colors (which bothers the fuck out of me but HIDGeeks says it will even out after a while, which i never had that problem before). but the thing is i bought from this SAME company for my mom's lights and they work flawlessly. same color, no flickering, nothing.

i tried calling these guys more than 10 times, and no response. their email system is for international people only.

so am i SOL?

oh and i just came home from getting groceries and as i pull into the driveway, passenger side light isnt even on. i turn lights off then back on, and light fires back up.

Did the hids from HIDGeeks come with their own ballast? Try hooking them up

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

the pair of Geek HID's for my mom use their alpine ballasts and bulbs. mine is hooked up with DDMtuning ballasts and Geek bulbs. but i mean why would it matter? alls a ballast does is convert 12v to like 2000v.

With HID flickering there are a few causes and a couple solutions.

The causes are 1) unstable voltage 2) bad ballasts 3) bad bulbs.

The ways to fix it are with a relay harness (also known ans a battery harness) or an anti-flicker harness, which is just a small in-line capacitor, you can google that, quite easy to make.

However, if you buy cheap HID products it will never go away. My advice is whatever company you've used before that has the best price/performance is the one I'd stick with. I run Xentec and they are cheap, but they aren't the greatest. I've never had any real problems with them, but nothing I do makes them stop flickering, and sometimes the bulbs I get from them are noticeably off in color. I'm looking into DDMTuning now.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

With HID flickering there are a few causes and a couple solutions.

The causes are 1) unstable voltage 2) bad ballasts 3) bad bulbs.

The ways to fix it are with a relay harness (also known ans a battery harness) or an anti-flicker harness, which is just a small in-line capacitor, you can google that, quite easy to make.

However, if you buy cheap HID products it will never go away. My advice is whatever company you've used before that has the best price/performance is the one I'd stick with. I run Xentec and they are cheap, but they aren't the greatest. I've never had any real problems with them, but nothing I do makes them stop flickering, and sometimes the bulbs I get from them are noticeably off in color. I'm looking into DDMTuning now.

im thinking its just the bulbs. i never had problems with apexcone ballasts. only reason i went with this company is because i was looking for something a little bluer that ddm didnt offer, but i guess it was too good to be true.

Edited by Kranny

im thinking its just the bulbs. i never had problems with apexcone ballasts. only reason i went with this company is because i was looking for something a little bluer that ddm didnt offer, but i guess it was too good to be true.

What color were you looking for? and what bulb type?

Edited by lAutruche

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

What color were you looking for? and what bulb type?

deep blue. DDMtuning 8000k and 12000k look pretty much the same. HIDgeeks has a bulb they list as "12-30000k" aka "blue". they look quite nice for the look im trying to go for, but the flickering is the only thing bothering me. also, 9006

try hooking one of your bulbs up to a ballast in your moms car. if it works fine then your problem is either in the ballast or your wiring.

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

deep blue. DDMtuning 8000k and 12000k look pretty much the same. HIDgeeks has a bulb they list as "12-30000k" aka "blue". they look quite nice for the look im trying to go for, but the flickering is the only thing bothering me. also, 9006

I have a set of Xentec 10,000K 9006 bulbs laying around that I don't need, the colors matched perfectly on the pair. If you want them at all I could see what the shipping for them would be.

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick