Started Glassing Some Door Panels

Just a few pics below. Not too much progress tonight so far, but Im hoping to get my passenger side door panel caught up to my driver side door tonight.

Im going to be running a set of 5 1/4 components, and a set of 6 1/2 components in each door I think.

But for the time being til I get cash to buy the components I want, Im going to use some 6.5s and some 5 1/4 that I currently have at the moment and run them 3 way with some older mb quart musicomp bi-ampable crossovers that I have.

No idea What Im doing for tweets and tweeter location yet tho.

On with some random pics of getting my door panels solid.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I used a body filler/resin/cream hardner mix, exactly what you have there and it worked better for me. Nice job sanding so far man.

Baylor University

Accounting

It will be a project it seems like. But I just got back from the gas station with a 12 pack of beer so Im going to be making it a long night I think. And if I get the other door panel caught up and Im not tired. Ill be making a drunken trip to wal-mart to get some wooden dowels, and start cutting out some rings.

But I have to wait til tomorrow to hit up my moms house to grab the router they have.

So now Im gonna start prepping my other door panel.

eeikk a bondo user...

heh... it works... and it was 15% off at menards so I just said f**k it. Im layed off and Im on a kinda tight budget at the moment.

At my old job I had last year, we had some stuff that was the shit! I forgot what it was called, but I want to say it was ppg maybe, and it had the blue hardener. We used it alot to fill in small defects on parts before we powder coated them. oh well.

The carpet on the bottom of the doors had little prongs that went through the holes, so Im trying to get the bottom half of the panel sealed if it makes sense.

I wish I would of grabbed some tigerhair too for my sails where my old tweeters use to be, but Ill just give them a coat of resin then bondo.

Right now Im on my smoke/beer/smoke break. Waiting for it to cure a bit on the right panel. I got a few pics took, but nothing different from the left panel.

Man this beer is going down good... wow

As of right now, all this is not going to be seen, so Im not to concerned on the sanding. Once its smooth, and flush its good enough for me. The left panel wasnt to bad on sanding. Im hitting it with 60 grit to knock it down, then going over with 100 grit, then a quick sand with 150 grit. Seems to feel pretty smooth.

Im planning on stretching the fleece over the whole bottom of the door where the carpet use to be, and using that all as a encloser, even tho it wont be raised out to much towards the back of the panels.

Just a few pics of passenger side panel.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

looks like your off to a fresh start

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

got more pics. my passenger side door is now at the same point as my driver side door. Im ready to make some rings. Tried uploading some pics but photobucket isnt loading at the moment. Im almost out of beer and feeling a lil tipsy so I dont think ill be hitting up walmart (to drunk to drive) lol.

Archived