Started Glassing Some Door Panels

Well Im satisfied with my lower panel being solid and air tight.

Heres some pics from last night that I couldnt upload to photobucket.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Heres some pics from today.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Still need to get some small wooden rods or dowels yet to mess with the placement of everything. Ill prob get a start on that in a couple hours.

DUDE... are you glassing, at the dinner table????!!!!!!

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Just did a little mock up on how things are going to go I think.

Posted Image

The white line on my door panel is where my dash meets the door panel. I had to go outside in the rain and hold the door panel in place to make that line. I gotta make sure I do everything below it, or it will hit my dash :(

Then once I get this project done, Im going to be looking at glassing some kick panels.

Im wanting to do 8" kicks, but may only have room for a 6.5" sub.

Then when I get both sets of comps in the doors, Ill be putting the extra tweeter in the kick panels for better sound imaging from left to right, where as in the sails for my door panels you just hear one tweet over the other like one isnt playing.

well Im now out of all alcoholic beverages in my house, and its too late to buy more, so now I gotta chug that mountain dew..

I went to wal-mart before and spent under $8.00 on some more supplies to continue onto the next step.

Posted Image

I think my camera lense is dirty it was taking a few blurry pics.

I then decided instead of running up and down stairs a million times to cut my dowels to length, Id just bring up the bandsaw.

Posted Image

Heres a pic of everything secured in its place with hot glue.

Posted Image

with the speakers in.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Im gonna start on my passenger side panel now, and do the exact same thing. Then once I got everything all hot glued in place, Im going to go over all my joints with resin. After the resin cures I think it will be time to stretch some fabric over the panel.

dunno if drinking and glassing is the best judgement but if you got the experience down, cool... I know I have done many jobs buzzed, and next day or later noticed some things were a tad off, or backwards

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

DUDE... are you glassing, at the dinner table????!!!!!!

ROFLMAO............

Yes, I am... hahahaha I put "newspaper" down to protect the table, even tho it doesnt stay in place to well.

looks good man, im likin it.

dunno if drinking and glassing is the best judgement but if you got the experience down, cool... I know I have done many jobs buzzed, and next day or later noticed some things were a tad off, or backwards

I get creative, and tend to have more patients when I am buzzing. Im not buzzing at all really tonight, just got a tease for the most part :(

Im sitting here on a smoke break again, and I was getting very curious to see how they would sound. So I hooked them up to my home reciever and grabbed my cell phone for a crappy video.. The sound quality on the cell doesnt do it justice. I cant wait to get it all glassed so I will actully be able to hear the lows. :lol:

Posted Image

Archived