Second Skin Audio

orion hcca box

whats up everyone i need help with a new box for a chevy avalanche running two orion hcca 152 with a sundown 2500 two each sub. orion say to mount the subs facing up but how would that sound. any one familiar with a bandpass would that work please help already burnt two of these with the subs facing forward tuned to 33hz so i dont want to do it again since i just got my recone kits

Your burning the subs doing something else wrong! I have 4 hcca 15.2 and 4 d5000 amps running to them and facing forward and haven't had a problem with burning the sub up. I would look into what else would be making the subs burn up.

aaaa.png

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

Yup, true. I ran 1 15 hcca on 4kw for 6 months facing forward. The coils still read perfect and was as stiff as the day I bought it when I pulled it out to sell it.

Yep! Mine are taking all of my d5000 amps like champs. No struggle at all. I'm sure I could put more to them if I wanted to

aaaa.png

Maybe I made the enclosures too big but the hccas I installed did not like 3000 watts at all.

I'm going to assume the subs burning up have nothing to do with speaker placement. What were the gains at? How was the sub wired? Bass boost? The biggest and most common mistake I see is incorrect wiring to the amp and then adjusting the gain and/or adding bass boost to compensate.

I've never heard of Orion stating speaker placement for the hcca, and it doesn't ring "soundly" in my head...who told you that was the case?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Orion actually has that stated in the book that comes with the subs. It says something about heat and excursion so it

Says that they should either be facing up or down. I just read it and thought it was a joke

because I've never heard of a sub having to be like that. I had mine in a 7 cubic foot box

after displacment.

aaaa.png