01 Dakota double din dash build

Did a little somethin-somethin for a buddy of mine. He started by chopping out his dash frame and sliding a clarion double din in the supports. I told him to drop off the dash bezel and I'd take care of the rest.

Both of us working on it we were able to have it back in the truck the day after.

In the top pic you can see where too much was cut out in relation to the trim ring location. The slice removed was then re fitted back into place. The A/C controls had to be lowered as well to fit the screen bezel.

1119002301.jpg

All of the plastic was CA glued into place then drywall fiberglass tape was epoxied on the backside to make the frame work permanent.

There's a mix of evercoat short strand for the high build fill, and z-lite for the thin leveling.

1120000117.jpg

1121000000.jpg

1121000027.jpg

Sprayed with rustoleum sandable primer to match the rest as best as possible.

1121000416.jpg

1121000416a.jpg

1121000416b.jpg

1121000422.jpg

1121000429.jpg

1121000430.jpg

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

that came out perfect man, looks real good

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Archived