D_Roc Posted November 26, 2010 Report Posted November 26, 2010 I have 2 different batteries that I want to run in parallel, is there a need for a battery isolator? I actually have 2 of the same (stinger SPV44) and want to add my original, run of the mill, Die Hard (liquid cell) to add additional power for my amp. I just bought a new amp and would like to add another battery and have the original just collecting dust in my shed. Will I need to run a battery isolator or would I be fine wiring them all in direct parallel? I have asked around (locally) and most people I talk to don't even know what the hell a battery isolator is. Everyone I've spoken with said they've been running 2 different sized/brand battteries for years and never used an isolator. It does make sense that you would need one considering the flow of current from different size/life span sources but I would like to save the money if possible. Thoughts?
AMI CUSTOMS Posted November 26, 2010 Report Posted November 26, 2010 Use a solenoid TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain 3x Streetbeat World Record Holder 2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4 2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db 2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db 2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4 2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db 2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db 2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012 (4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log Evo X build log Facebook page The Black Nasty
Alex K Posted November 26, 2010 Report Posted November 26, 2010 You don't need an isolator. 2006 Nissan Z Track. My Feedback Thread i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.