Sonic Electronix

15in lvl4 with lvl5 parts vs. 12in lvl5 ??

Which will be louder ??  

8 members have voted

1. 1. which will be louder??

• lvl 4 15 with lvl 5 soft parts on a crescendo 3k..
    • lvl 5 12 on crescendo 3k..

Is do XL if you know what you're doing. I'm assuming it'll be running it at 1 ohm. If so, you'll never see the full 3300wrms, so XL can be fine

i didnt ask for input on running different subs, i asked for input on the subs i have.. Also do you have proof to back up you claim as to what teh amp will and will not put out ???

Okay then, I say lvl 5. Sorry for trying to save you money.

As for the power..music is dynamic. Different frequencies will put out rise the impedance to different levels. You will probably rise to a few thousand ohms at some frequencies. Iirc every frequency has some impedance rise. You aren't competing, so don't worry too much about rise.

Edited by hdorre
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Are you ppl that fuckin stupid??This forum is becoming more and more like all the other bs forums out here.. Full of jack ass ppl.. There is a gain in the smaller sub to make up for its size...Please ppl if you have no knowledgeable comment do not post in the thread..

2002 civic

2- 12in dc lvl5s

1- crescendo 3kwp ( 1 more on the way)

1- stock honda alt

4-xs d3100s

3-asa300.2 amps

6- PB 4XL's

4-PB l-3h tweets

and a bunch of other sh!t

the build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/74044-project-will-it-fit/

Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/slammedblackbish

Some one get this douche out of here..

actually in this case YOU are in the wrong...these "which one will be louder" threads are against SMD rules.

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

So when a mod comes and deletes it that will be that.. Its a rather legit thread, not like whats louder 1-15 vs 36-10s.. i mean really..

Anyway the box will be built for the sub i use.. So it will be to the specs of each sub.. Its a daily beater tuned low.. I dont see how it would matter both tuned to the same thing in its recommended box with the same power, in the same car.. Then again what do i know.

2002 civic

2- 12in dc lvl5s

1- stock honda alt

4-xs d3100s

3-asa300.2 amps

6- PB 4XL's

4-PB l-3h tweets

the build

Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/slammedblackbish

So when a mod comes and deletes it that will be that.. Its a rather legit thread, not like whats louder 1-15 vs 36-10s.. i mean really..

Anyway the box will be built for the sub i use.. So it will be to the specs of each sub.. Its a daily beater tuned low.. I dont see how it would matter both tuned to the same thing in its recommended box with the same power, in the same car.. Then again what do i know.

so you're knowingly and willingly breaking the rules then?

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

the 15s gonna be rough orientated sub front in a civic. ok im gonna go with it and say with the power you have lvl4 if you can get her in solid.

btw 12s to 15s tuned to the same thing with the 15s using a weaker motor on stronger soft parts will act totally different tuned to the same. even 12s to 15s on the same parts have totally different characteristics.

Edited by dohckiller808

since you are already running 2 12" lvl 5. have you even try to take one out and put it in the right box ?

I vote for a the same set up. which is 2 12s lvl 5. maybe try a better box and MORE POWER.

that to me would be louder then lvl 4 15 on 3k,single 12 lvl 5 on 3k. i vote ur 2 12slvl 5. on 5-8k.

dont care if its not one of your answers. my answer is better ! now hush puppy.

since you are already running 2 12" lvl 5. have you even try to take one out and put it in the right box ?

I vote for a the same set up. which is 2 12s lvl 5. maybe try a better box and MORE POWER.

that to me would be louder then lvl 4 15 on 3k,single 12 lvl 5 on 3k. i vote ur 2 12slvl 5. on 5-8k.

dont care if its not one of your answers. my answer is better ! now hush puppy.

LMFAO i like the way you think... Tho i dont want to fill my trunk with 1000lbs again... Im taking out 1 sub , 2 batts,3 batt racks and a shit ton of wire and wood.... Just gonna go with a single sub on 3k... Most likely i will just run the lvl 5 in a decent box (built and designed by me) and tuned to around 30hertz.. The other box just wasnt right and was tuned high.. So all in all it will flex pretty good and be louder then the 2..

2002 civic

2- 12in dc lvl5s

1- stock honda alt

4-xs d3100s

3-asa300.2 amps

6- PB 4XL's

4-PB l-3h tweets

the build

Youtube channel