Dont know if too much or too little

Okay i'm new to the site. So gimme a little slack

I have a 2001 jeep cherokee sport and im running a orion cobalt 12" woofer

running off a soundstream reference 405 4 channel amp with 8 gauge power wire and stock alt.

What would be the best way to set everything up? i'm wanting to run more power

but money is sorta tight cus of christmas, should i get a bigger alternator? Bigger

power wire? Better woofer? What should i do????

Any help is great

What exactly are you looking for?

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby.

Things that I am allergic too....

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

Upgrade to 0 gauge wiring and get a mono amp. That will leave you room to grow.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Better amp. Class D mono block

i dont think they make 250rms class d's. just saying

to the OP, heres a nice amp you can use, generally you dont want to run a 4 channel to a subwoofer, since its primary design is for actual speakers and not subwoofers

http://www.caraudiodeals.com/audiopipe-ap15001d-p-1452.html

600rms at 4 ohms, which i assume your woofer is 4 ohms. just MAKE SURE to tune your gains so the amp doesnt overpower the subwoofer (because its rated at 250rms) or else bad things may happen. for that little power you dont need any alternator or battery upgrades.

Edited by Kranny

to the OP, heres a nice amp you can use, generally you dont want to run a 4 channel to a subwoofer, since its primary design is for actual speakers and not subwoofers

http://www.caraudiodeals.com/audiopipe-ap15001d-p-1452.html

600rms at 4 ohms, which i assume your woofer is 4 ohms. just MAKE SURE to tune your gains so the amp doesnt overpower the subwoofer or else bad things may happen. for that little power you dont need any alternator or battery upgrades.

Its a 4 channel but a separate channel for the woofers and im running it to both coils that are built in the woofer, believe me it slaps, but im just thinking either to just redo it and get a monoblock or get another amp seperate for the woofer

Its a 4 channel but a separate channel for the woofers and im running it to both coils that are built in the woofer, believe me it slaps, but im just thinking either to just redo it and get a monoblock or get another amp seperate for the woofer

i did that a while back, i didnt like the results since you have to match both channels absolutely PERFECTLY or else the voice coils will fight each other. in my honest opinion, buy a monoblock amp strictly for the woofer and save the 4 channel for your car speakers.

i did that a while back, i didnt like the results since you have to match both channels absolutely PERFECTLY or else the voice coils will fight each other. in my honest opinion, buy a monoblock amp strictly for the woofer and save the 4 channel for your car speakers.

http://www.soundstream.com/manuals/AMP/REFERENCE/r405/r405.pdf

thats how my amp is, just so you get a little better idea on how im running eveything up, I might post pics of the system when i get the quarter panel fixed on it so its internet presentable. And the sub is 400 watts but i think it peaks out around 500-500 watts

Edited by Tony_L

Rockford and JL make some that are pretty affordable ...

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

http://www.soundstream.com/manuals/AMP/REFERENCE/r405/r405.pdf

thats how my amp is, just so you get a little better idea on how im running eveything up, I might post pics of the system when i get the quarter panel fixed on it so its internet presentable. And the sub is 400 watts but i think it peaks out around 500-500 watts

i dont understand. you have it wired like what? theres like 9001 different diagrams in that PDF. and i dont understand how its a 4 channel when its got a subwoofer channel as well as 4 channels.

the woofer is 500w peak, which doesnt mean anything, keep that in mind forever. its 250rms.