Probably an old question

I am sure this question has been asked a million times, but here goes. Is it worth doing the big 3 on a stock electrical system without a system or anything else. I am getting the 35W Highs and Lows from DDM Tuning sometime in the week and I wanted to make sure if I should do it or not waste my money on it. Thanks

3d7304fe.jpg

I upgraded some grounds on a guy @ works accord & it raised his voltage by 1/2 volt & his car is all stock. Most cars could benefit from that.

99 GMC Suburban

2 Death Penalty 21"

2 Crescendo BC2000

Boston GT-42 Amp

6 Selenium 6w4p

4 Crescendo tweets

Hi output cs144 alt

Audiocontrol Epic-160

Pioneer DVD head unit

the big 3 always helps regardless of having amplifiers installed or not. you can do it if you want, doesnt matter. but if you are to get the 55 watt kit for your high beams, i highly highly recommend you also buy the hid relay harness they offer (its 12.50 i think) so you dont have a chance of heating up the stock car high beam wires from trying to push too much current through them.

the big 3 always helps regardless of having amplifiers installed or not. you can do it if you want, doesnt matter. but if you are to get the 55 watt kit for your high beams, i highly highly recommend you also buy the hid relay harness they offer (its 12.50 i think) so you dont have a chance of heating up the stock car high beam wires from trying to push too much current through them.

I went with the 35W for Highs and Lows. I'll check on prices after I take measurements for doing the Big 3 and see what it's gonna cost me.

3d7304fe.jpg

I went with the 35W for Highs and Lows. I'll check on prices after I take measurements for doing the Big 3 and see what it's gonna cost me.

just a tip, you dont really NEED hid high beams. HID bulbs take like 7 seconds to warm up so flashing people isnt an option. its pretty much only useful if there isnt a street light for miles. my 55w low beams are brighter than my stock 65w high beams...

just a tip, you dont really NEED hid high beams. HID bulbs take like 7 seconds to warm up so flashing people isnt an option. its pretty much only useful if there isnt a street light for miles. my 55w low beams are brighter than my stock 65w high beams...

So I guess I should send them back then. I want the best I can get and I can wait for them to come back in. How hard is hooking up the HID harness relay?

3d7304fe.jpg

So I guess I should send them back then. I want the best I can get and I can wait for them to come back in. How hard is hooking up the HID harness relay?

its up to you. personally i dont see why you need them but if you want them then keep them. you dont need the harness for 35w kits, only 55w kits. but its simple to set up, they have instructions.

I will probably send the bulbs for the Highs back. I might even send em both back and get the 55W. I don't know why I didn't get them to begin with. I guess I thought they might be too bright for Lows.

if you get your money back in full, go for it then. it depends on what type of car you have. i wouldnt really recommend 55w low beams for a truck or something because of how high it sits and the possible glare issues. i have an older corolla with 55w's and ive never gotten flashed. most people dont even readjust the headlamp housings because hid's in regular reflector housings glare the light so you need to point them down more as to avoid blinding the fuck out of people lol.