Sonic Electronix

Alright, so moneypak/paypal kinda fucked me over and took $550 from me that i was going to use to preorder the sa-15's..and by the time they refund me the preorder will almost 100% be over, and I really liked the price for those 15s :(. The thing i'm wondering about now though, is about the aq sdc2.5's. I, personally, have never heard anything aq. I know they're a respectable brand and all, but i've never really heard much about them and don't want to go into buying something that i'm not sure about.

THIS IS NOT A "WHICH SUB SHOULD I GO FOR THREAD"...but if i do end up looking at another sub it will be 2 dc lvl 3 15's or my original plan of 2 sa-15's..

SO PLEASE, IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH AQ, OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS AND CAN GIVE SOME EDUCATIONAL INPUT, I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY.. if you're here to say "DC ALL THE WAY!"..yes i know..and i would like to, if i can get some competitive pricing from rusty, because i've never asked him about any level 3's.

but uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... lets begin. :santa:

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

This isn't about AQ, but have you contacted Jacob (from Sundown) about possibly extending pre-ordering prices for you? Explain your situation to him. He's really easy to work with.

Oh, Kranny has 2 12" level 3s on a 1500 watt Audiopipe amp, and he's really happy with them

Edited by hdorre
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

This isn't about AQ, but have you contacted Jacob (from Sundown) about possibly extending pre-ordering prices for you? Explain your situation to him. He's really easy to work with.

Oh, Kranny has 2 12" level 3s on a 1500 watt Audiopipe amp, and he's really happy with them

Yeah, from what i've talked to jacob so far he seems pretty understanding, i emailed him, just waiting on a reply..

And yeah, i've never heard anything bad about any of the DC subs, and if rusty can get me 2 15's for about 380-400 it's gonna break my heart to choose between sundown and dc :peepwall:

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

Build in Progress

I've ran the SDC2.5 15s. I'm running one right now. They are awesome. They get super loud and sound amazing doing it. After they are broken in, they hit the low lows, they are so loud and clear. I definitely recommend them. I was running one on about 900 rms, then switched to a 535 rms amp, and it still pounds and is so loud. They are very efficient.

I've ran the SDC2.5 15s. I'm running one right now. They are awesome. They get super loud and sound amazing doing it. After they are broken in, they hit the low lows, they are so loud and clear. I definitely recommend them. I was running one on about 900 rms, then switched to a 535 rms amp, and it still pounds and is so loud. They are very efficient.

Thanks, it's good to know that..i was thinking 2 of them possibly on an ap1500d..i'm kinda short on cash atm, but its a good thing they can hit some good lows, do you know about what frequency you were peaking at?

Build in Progress

There's a couple people around here with SDC's. I'm getting a set of 12's in a couple weeks so if you want to wait I'll get you a report, or are you aiming for 15's?

i'm gonna go with 15's for sure, i've never really came across any 12's that i've liked as much as larger subs

Build in Progress

iKidwell thank you for starting this thread, I'm looking at AQ also and I wanted geed back on the brand. :yahoo:

haha no problem bro, it seems like a lot of people forget about their subs...

Build in Progress