Jbabycsx 2000 Sonoma build

So I just traded my Mustang for a 2000 GMC Sonoma ext cab. First I'm gonna start on the dash since I have to replace the heater core anyways :angry:

Dash3.jpg

The part that is missing is the passenger airbag control panel. I am making a piece out of fiberglass to replace it. This is where I am going to mount the knob for my 3000d.

Dash2.jpg

This is how I am going to make it. I cut a piece of styrofoam to the same size of the panel and scooped out the inside for some depth.

Dash1.jpg

This is the styrofoam covered in tape so I can get the resin panel out of it after it cures. I filled it with resin and it is drying now. More pics coming tomorrow I ran out of daylight.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

Nice, putting the build into a truck, are you still using the HDC3?

Yeah I am going to do a blowthru in the bed. I'm eventually going to run four of the AQ HDC3 subs. In the meantime I am gonna throw the two I have back there. After I get the truck gutted I will start deadening and making pods for all the mids and highs. Money is tight so I gotta build a little as I can afford it.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

That's gonna be cool, I can't wait for progress, I'm slowly working on mine too, I took out my HX2 so the car is hella light I'm thinking of walling the stand or just building a box that's pretty big for their one 18 or two 15's...., what's the truck look like?

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

just resin, wont work, you need some chop mat in there.

2004 Yellow F150 STX 4x4 Single Cab

2 Yellow DC Power 270SP's Alts

4(and counting) XS Power 6500's

4 DD3515s Supercharged

53cu.ft 4th order blowthrough

8 DD M1b's

6 Selenium 8's

2 Selenium ST350s

154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp

Build Log

Why a blowthrough in an extended cab?

I dont want to give up my cab. I dont mind losing part of my bed though. What kind of setup would you suggest? A wall? I'm not to impressed with the walls I have seen in extended cab trucks.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

That's gonna be cool, I can't wait for progress, I'm slowly working on mine too, I took out my HX2 so the car is hella light I'm thinking of walling the stand or just building a box that's pretty big for their one 18 or two 15's...., what's the truck look like?

Should have some pics up this afternoon of the truck.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

Here are a few pics of the truck the way it sits now.

Sonoma1.jpg

The wheels are off a S10 Extreme.

Sonoma2.jpg

Sonoma3.jpg

The Pioneer HU that was in it will be coming out :clapping:

Sonoma4.jpg

Gotta come up with a plan for the doors. I will be running my infinity Kappa 3.5s on the pillars and Bravox 6.5 components in the doors. No plans on where to put my Infinity 6x8 components yet. The truck already has HID's installed which is a first for me. Now I know why people use them, they are bad ass! Its lowered down front and back and the bed cover was already on it too. Thats two things I wont have to buy in the future. I'm just swapping the gear that is in my sig over to this truck. The only change will be my four channel. I am getting some noise from my old 200a4 so it is time to put it to rest lol. Probly going with a AQ 90x4 instead.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

Archived