Jbabycsx 2000 Sonoma build

6th order ..

Not bad. I thought the read port looked funny, but wasn't sure.

I'd shoot for 8 square inches of port per cube on the rear port and 18 - 22 on the front port.

I was gonna suggest a sub forward port up setup actually instead of the wall idea you had ...

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

So I got a little more done today. Its too damn cold to work on it without having the truck and the heater going so I'm doing a little at a time. And Sani I did stretch cloth for the first coat of resin. After that I added another layer of thin fabric and glassed it again. The green you see on it in these pictures is Marglass fiberglass filler. Its not going anywhere :santa:

dash12.jpg

dash13.jpg

dash14.jpg

dash16.jpg

dash15.jpg

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

Now I have to decide on how to cover it. I really dislike the idea of painting the dash. To me having something appear to be a factory install is more attractive. I dont like when people glass their dash pieces and they are smooth. The pieces stick out like a sore thumb. Im thinking about putting down a really thin pad and covering the dash with a fabric that matches the interior color. Any thoughts??

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

6th order ..

Not bad. I thought the read port looked funny, but wasn't sure.

I'd shoot for 8 square inches of port per cube on the rear port and 18 - 22 on the front port.

I was gonna suggest a sub forward port up setup actually instead of the wall idea you had ...

I will have to go back and measure the port again, but I was talking to Sanitarium in the chatroom when I put it in place. The rear port is exactly half the width of the middle port. I guess the camera angle makes it look off. I hope anyway, I really dont want to have to redo it!

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

Looking good bro.

Look into textured paint, you can spray it and have it look stock (as stock as a monitor in the dash can look anyways).

Yeah I was thinking that as well. Just have to see whats out there.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

• 2 months later...

So I've been saving up lately and finally bought my amp and subs. The amp came in this week and the subs shipped yesterday. Heres a few pics of the amp.

Jan1-2011024.jpg

Jan1-2011027.jpg

I went ahead and bought new carpet for the truck since the old one was completely shot. Got 100sqft of Fatmat to start out with. I got a double layer on the floor pan today and installed the new black carpet.

Jan1-2011028.jpg

Jan1-2011030.jpg

Jan1-2011031.jpg

Jan1-2011033.jpg

As you can see the carpet is pretty bad, plus its not the color I want. For $130 bucks on Ebay I got new molded carpet that is heavy as hell and looks good.

Jan1-2011032.jpg

Jan1-2011034.jpg

Jan1-2011037.jpg

Jan1-2011038.jpg

Jan1-2011039.jpg

Jan1-2011042.jpg

Overall the Fatmat did ok. It is not nearly as thick or as sticky as Damplifier thats for sure. It is easier to roll out and apply though. Stay tuned for pics of the subs when they get here on Saturday :yahoo:

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

Archived