Gatorcity Posted December 2, 2010 Report Posted December 2, 2010 Hey guys, What is the correct formula to figure port length for ported boxes? Just for my own kicks I like to sit down and draw up ported boxes and do the math for them. It helos keep my mind busy...I have found 2 formulas that are completely different, im not even sure if they are correct. http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=21 http://www.calculatoredge.com/new/ventlength.htm Im on my phone so I hope the links work. Can someone help me out? Thanks in advance! comic on tv: I got a concussion from playing t-ball when i was younger, we dont really have time to go into that! . . . . 15 seconds pass . . . . . my girl: no one pitches to you in t-ball, do they???
fecupe2001 Posted December 2, 2010 Report Posted December 2, 2010 Well, i used a lot of pencil and paper until i saw Torres calculator, that´s the formula i always used with great succes, now it´s all way faster and easier hehe, you can find it on a sticky in here. I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion! 2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/ 8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/
Gatorcity Posted December 2, 2010 Author Report Posted December 2, 2010 You would use which one? The first one? Or second? I have seen the torres calculator, never used it but I just like the pencil and paper method lol I find it fun comic on tv: I got a concussion from playing t-ball when i was younger, we dont really have time to go into that! . . . . 15 seconds pass . . . . . my girl: no one pitches to you in t-ball, do they???
Torres Posted December 2, 2010 Report Posted December 2, 2010 the first one is for vance dickasons port formula. made primarily for round ports. the one fecupe and i use is this one
Gatorcity Posted December 2, 2010 Author Report Posted December 2, 2010 Awesome man! Thanks a lot! Quick question...i see that LV (length of vent) is in the actual formula, so will that equation give me the actual tuning frequency of the port? comic on tv: I got a concussion from playing t-ball when i was younger, we dont really have time to go into that! . . . . 15 seconds pass . . . . . my girl: no one pitches to you in t-ball, do they???
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.