Big Papa Posted December 3, 2010 Report Posted December 3, 2010 I have 2 ppi pro 10's and a kicker zx750 amp. the 10's are dual 4 ohm coils though. If I wire them like this: Its a rough sketch but it gives the basic idea. I wanna wire the postitive coils to one terminal and the negative terminals to the other terminal. Would the amp read that as a 2 ohm load? 06 Taurass SE 1 PPI Pro104 MTX TC 4001D Amp 1.5 CU. at 34 hz After Christmas... 2 PPI Pro104's Audiopipe 1500D 3.4 CU. at 35 hz
BeatBox Posted December 3, 2010 Report Posted December 3, 2010 http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=42#results
RickyFriery97 Posted December 3, 2010 Report Posted December 3, 2010 with dual 4 coils wiring two together you can either get a 1 ohm load or a 4 ohm load and the kicker zx750.1 is only stable down to 2 ohm and i wouldnt go below that 2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab 1994 Chevy Full Size blazer
Guest Posted December 3, 2010 Report Posted December 3, 2010 thats 1 ohm. the amp will go into protect at 1 ohm wire like this, its the only way to wire it safely.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.