Sonic Electronix

I have 2 lanzar heritage 15 in dual voice coil subs in a sealed box in the trunk of my caprice, its not very loud and i want it louder but i unfortinatly i have no money to upgrade and buy new good DC or Fi subs and a beast amp, im running a pyle 2400 watt chopper series amp, But what I was wondering is will running a vented box give me any help in makeing them a lil louder? Im on a super tight budget cause im waiting on disability to kick in and i cant work but Id like to get a 18inch DC or Fi and a amp that will make it pound, or even 1 or 2 15 inch DC or Fi to start with so if any of you have any good deals please always let me know, anyways sorry to ramble and thanks for the help with the vented vs sealed question

yes, a good ported box should make it louder.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

cool thank you! I think Im going to sell these 2, 15s and get 1 Diamond audio 15 inch D3 for now untill I can get a DC or Fi cause the D3 would hot harder than these 2, 15s, and Amps whats a good amp on the cheaper side (of price, not quality) Ive heard alot about the Crecendos but I know nothing about them

well, i have a pair of crescendos and they are doing just fine. they are zenon boards, same as the sundown 3000.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I want to check them out they sound good, and people on these boards seem to really like them, is it because they do rated power? My caprice is huge, alot bigger than the last car I had and theres no places for air/sound to come from the trunk into the cab of the car so its alot harder to make it loud, But I will start looking for a crechendo, whart are the ones to look for? I want to cut a port in my deck lid to get some sound from the trunk into the car to help louden it, And I plan on building some custom places for 6.5 inch subs inside the car and the front doors but Im more worried about the subs/amps/power upgrades firsts

I run a Crescendo. You are looking for the Crescendo 3kwp. People like it because it does rated power, as well as it is one of the most affordable amplifiers of its caliber. Navid (owner of Crescendo Audio) is currently out of stock, so you will have to either look around the classifieds section here, as well as other audio sites.

As far as the box goes, I have seen a few builds with cars that are in your situation. What I have seen and heard that works the best was to port the enclosure through the rear deck so that you are firing into the rear glass. I'm glad I do not have to worry about this, but you can get pretty creative in your situation.

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

dont sell subs, and buy another sub while your waiting to my some better subs.

just keep what you have, a better box will help you out way more than just better equipment it a bad box.

and you dont need Fi or DC, just cuz its all on here.

besides, sundown is the way to go anyway, haha

I run a Crescendo. You are looking for the Crescendo 3kwp. People like it because it does rated power, as well as it is one of the most affordable amplifiers of its caliber. Navid (owner of Crescendo Audio) is currently out of stock, so you will have to either look around the classifieds section here, as well as other audio sites.

As far as the box goes, I have seen a few builds with cars that are in your situation. What I have seen and heard that works the best was to port the enclosure through the rear deck so that you are firing into the rear glass. I'm glad I do not have to worry about this, but you can get pretty creative in your situation.

Cool I will check around on classifides just to get a used price range, I seen on the website they said they were back ordered and the price was $549 or something like that. ALso I was wanting to do just that of porting my box through my deck lid to push air into the car so the sound would travel, The deck lid isnt very big and in the trunk under the deck its all metal. SO Im going to have to get a grinder and cut out a big rectangle port in it, with my back injury it's hard to get in there to cut it but I will find away. I just NEED some better kick in my stomatch with my bass you know haha

dont sell subs, and buy another sub while your waiting to my some better subs.

just keep what you have, a better box will help you out way more than just better equipment it a bad box.

and you dont need Fi or DC, just cuz its all on here.

besides, sundown is the way to go anyway, haha

Ok so Ill just get a vented box for now. Im not too familiar with sundown, and are you talking subs? amps? or both?