My budget is flexible right now, I really don't know how much I will end up spending. I would like to keep it under $1000 if possible, I think it can be done since I'm doing the install 100% myself.

$1000 is a GREAT starting budget. mids and highs with an amp along with a nice strong low end is completely do-able.

i really recommend some sundown SA-10's or 12's for subwoofers and an audioque 1200d to go along with them.

as for highs, i think some infinity speakers will do you nice. i have always liked the way infinity speakers sounded in cars. bright sounding tweeters, not harsh at all.

My budget is flexible right now, I really don't know how much I will end up spending. I would like to keep it under $1000 if possible, I think it can be done since I'm doing the install 100% myself.

$1000 is a GREAT starting budget. mids and highs with an amp along with a nice strong low end is completely do-able.

i really recommend some sundown SA-10's or 12's for subwoofers and an audioque 1200d to go along with them.

as for highs, i think some infinity speakers will do you nice. i have always liked the way infinity speakers sounded in cars. bright sounding tweeters, not harsh at all.

x2 i always thought that some infinity mids & highs sounded alot better than my rf

cowboys_logo.gif

I've heard infinity had some good stuff, not bad on price either. I have not heard of Sundown or audioque before, then again there are alot of companies that I have not heard of before. I'll check it it out fo sho.

i dont think anyone has asked this, which would REALLY help out.

hershy, what is your budget? for an amp, ampkit, subwoofers, etc.

well if its under. get that alpine subs crap outa here!

with that you can get a decent loud set up.

lets keep it around 1000-1500 rms so you wont really have to upgrade electrical.

audio saving is a partner here, so he'l hook you up,

let's see,

2 12s you said. Re audio is a good company that is way better then alpine subs n rfs subs imo.

here are 2 RE AUDIO SEX. (get dvc 4ohms to have a final of 1 ohms). they are 750 rms each . that's $284.95 shipped.

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Subwoofers/PAIR-RE-AUDIO-SEX12D2-SEX-12-D2-2400w-SUBWOOFERS-SEX12/%282%29+SEX12D2.aspx

perfect budget amp for that is hifonics brz 1700rms + amp kit.. $279.95 shipped.

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Amplifiers/HIFONICS-BRUTUS-BRZ1700.1D-1700w-MONO-AMPLIFIERAMP-KIT/BRZ1700.1D---XK0B1.aspx

that's 565 for nice subs and amp to ur door.

leavs you 400+ for box, and maybe a battery in the back. and bam! bass!

there's alot of nice subs and amp combos out there tho. so its ur preference.

like i would do some dc lvl 3 12s. under that brz 1700 amp!!

well than player. i have 2 15s running off 500 watts which i love at 450 bucks after wood and all. you could build a super good system with 800.

you can play a lot with 1k. lol i would spend 800 and be very happy since you have that small thing in back you will be blown away.(hopefully literally)

well than player. i have 2 15s running off 500 watts which i love at 450 bucks after wood and all. you could build a super good system with 800.

you can play a lot with 1k. lol i would spend 800 and be very happy since you have that small thing in back you will be blown away.(hopefully literally)

I don't know that I would go with 2 15's, I don't want the bass to over power the rest of the speakers. Also with the rear speakers in the rear deck wouldnt the subs damage them? I was thinking about moving the speakers to the rear doors, don't know how that will sound tho

any recimendations on head units?

ok im still learning with the head units. but my opinion is its up to you. my first hu was a flip out touchscreen. it was pretty i loved it(it was stolen from my works parking lot...SOB'S) however i replaced it with a sony hu and the sound is better. just if you have the extra buy one with a higher bit. i think 32 bit is whats good now. could be wrong though. someone help me out if i am.

but it comes down to what you want it to look like i think.

I don't know that I would go with 2 15's, I don't want the bass to over power the rest of the speakers. Also with the rear speakers in the rear deck wouldnt the subs damage them? I was thinking about moving the speakers to the rear doors, don't know how that will sound tho

your rear speakers are just for midbass anyways. you dont hear much voice from them due to the path of the freqs. but i have never heard of anyone damaging them. then again i have never heard a system thats over 1200 in the trunk... so...

Archived