4 channel amp keeps cutting in and out?

Beanz

all right i dont know why but i just barley installed my new mids amp and i could hear voice coming out from all the speakers and then i just go to sit down and then they just all of a sudden cut oout and now they wont play anything,,,,,,the amp isnt even in protect mode either so idk what the hell is gooing on.....

AHHHHHHHHh

the amp is a mb quart 480 discus..spakers are alpine type s all of them the are coaxls

any help will be appereacted

edit:: amp was working fine but now its doing it still..would they be some bad rcas. The amp stays powered on and the power light stays on but no sound comes out????

Edited by Beanz
That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

did you run any wires or rca's under or around your seat or wherever you sat down?

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

well i ran the speaker wire on the side of the car like where under neath the panels are at....

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

all right so it WAS playing again but when i went to go change it to teh radio it just went out all over again DAMN IT.....anydoby have any ideas?

damn anybody else have anyideas it keeps on not wanting to play any sound i mean the amp turns on but no sound and it will do it some times

i dont think it would be bad to splice the remote wire from the sub amp to the 4 ch amp would it?

i dont think it would be bad to splice the remote wire from the sub amp to the 4 ch amp would it?

Not unless the amps need exactly 12v each.

You need to trace your wires.

And don't split wires.

Split the remote from the head unit and then run wires to each amp.

Don't do it ghetto, because stuff like this happens.

i suck men dry...email me for details

• 2 weeks later...

Umm splitting the remote wire from the headunit is the same exact thing as having one wire going to the remote terminal on the subamp, with another wire attached to that same terminal running to the 4ch amp. It's the same thing, is it not? (daisy chaining).. I mean once you hit 3 amps I can assume a relay is necessary but I don't see why daisy chaining is bad.

Edited by dwz

• 1 month later...

bump for helping out a brother in need

try a new set of RCAs.

Try running the amp in a different car AND a different amp in your car. This will rule out whether it's your amp or your equipment. Try running the remote wire by itself instead of daisychaining (even though it shouldnt make a difference).

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D