Sonic Electronix

Does anyone have experience with eDead 45 sound deadening? http://www.amazon.com/Elemental-Designs-eDead-Sound-Deadening/dp/B0007OZ8YC/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2

I'm on a VERY tight budget and the $10 for 10x10 seems amazing.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

Does anyone have experience with eDead 45 sound deadening? http://www.amazon.com/Elemental-Designs-eDead-Sound-Deadening/dp/B0007OZ8YC/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2

I'm on a VERY tight budget and the $10 for 10x10 seems amazing.

Quoted from the same site. There is also a 4 star review that says the same thing. Both reviews are for the 20Sq. Ft. item. It is the same product just more of it.

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:

2.0 out of 5 stars Well priced but lacks performance..., December 18, 2007

By

J. Brooks

This review is from: Elemental Designs eDead 45 Sound Deadening - 20Sq. Ft.

I'll just break this down into pros and cons to make this easy for myself.

Pros:

Great price. One of the better priced sound deadening mats out there. Plain and simple, Dynamat is just too expensive, it works great, but when a similar product costs well less then half the price for twice as much you really can't go wrong.

It's very flexible and easy to install.

Doesn't need to be heated up.

Cons:

Poor adhesion. I've had to reattach the material in several areas because it has failed to stay adhered to the panel.

Doesn't perform as well as the other products out there. Compared to Dynamat Xtreme, Second Skin's Damplifier, or even Cascade Audio's VB-2 it just doesn't stack up. Didn't see a noticeable reduction in sound or vibrations, I guess it's probably because it's flimsy... which brings me to the next con.

Flimsy. This makes it easy to install, but it also compromises the durability of it. If you have this installed in your trunk and set something the least bit heavy in there it WILL tear right through the silver plastic film.

What little bit I used on the car has since been removed and replaced with one of the other above products.

So don't expect a huge difference in the overall reduction in sound or vibrations. And personally I would highly recommend looking at the other products that are available.

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

Hahahah don't we all want a good quality "cheap" sound deadener? You pretty much get what you pay for. I have been looking at this stuff. Look at this I have never used it but it looks alright. I think in the end I will just pay the extra cash and do it right the first time though. If you do use this stuff post what you think of it.

Edited by siccostyle

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

What equipment are you running OP? The edead45 is good. I've used it for people on a budget. Prefer the 90 at $2 a sq ft, but even the 45 did its job.

Like most deadners, I find that the people who have issues with the adhesion don't follow the proper steps to install, ergo my statement to apply correctly.

Sico has a point, you get what you pay for. Even a little bit of awesome deadner is good. I would suggest rattletrap, or Fatmat if you're desperate. The deadner though is a good deal.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

My equipment is in my sig, but I'm wanting the deadener for general deadening of outside noise more than anything. Also, I want to throw some heat insulation as well, so that my car doesnt freeze (for some reason the cold air gets trapped in my car and get amplified).

1999 GMC Suburban SLT

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

Yes...see...the reason I asked is because I access this site on my mobile. So I don't see your Sig. Otherwise I would have just read your Sig opposed to asking you.

Yes...see...the reason I asked is because I access this site on my mobile. So I don't see your Sig. Otherwise I would have just read your Sig opposed to asking you.

Pioneer DEH-10MP HU

(2) Sony Xplod 6.5 3-way

(2) Sony Xplod 6x9 3-way

300W Dual Electronics amplifier

12" Dual Electronics subwoofer

12" RF Punch P2

1999 GMC Suburban SLT

Get the edead. It will do just fine for you. But temperature insulation is not the same as deadening, just so you know.