Sonic Electronix

any body do a big system in a hybrid

If im right Nathan from XS-Power batts says, that the batts in hybridcars are lithiumbatts, lithiumbatts are not this good to power a system. If it would be good, im sure, that we would have some SMD-Members with a Priusbatt in his system. Like Trippi, im sure he would be fine with 50 K or 60 K wattpower out of 2 Priusbatts. if it would work.

PS. ask Nathan after the weekend

Edited by Watch the bass

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

I believe there's two electrical systems in hybrids. The electrical system used to run the electric motor is its own system thats not really possible to tap into, it doesn't use the chassis as a ground. That and its somewhere between 50-100v depending on whose companies hybrid were talking about. And then there is an alternator driven by the electric motor that charges a single 12v battery and that little 12v system runs the rest of the cars electrical components. At least that's how the first old ugly ass honda hybrids were and i'm sure the technology has changed very little since then. The real question is can the electric motor of say a prius run an alternator that's bigger than stock without running into issues? I'm willing to guess a traditional HO alt wouldn't even work in a prius because if you sit with the car on, the motor shuts off instead of idling. Whats going to turn the alt then? I think there would be a clusterfuck of problems running a big system in a hybrid. The 150db smart car in Europe just used a battery bank, so they couldn't figure it out either.

I remember back in the day (which wasn't too long ago) when the first honda hybrids came out. They were discussing a highly efficient nearly self sustaining electric car that charged itself. It had two power supplies that it would switch back and forth from. When one battery bank was being used to drive the motor the other was charging, and it would switch back and forth. It was supposed to be crazy efficient buut, i'm sure someone wasn't going to make as much money with that idea so its gone. Stuff of the future...

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!