Rebel4055 Posted December 5, 2010 Author Report Posted December 5, 2010 IMO, a 17 year old should never have that nice of a vehicle. Not because they didnt earn it or anything. It's because they wont appreciate. But hey, that's only my opinion. He's really upset about all this. He loved that truck. And hell I'm 16 and I drive a 06 dodge dakota? Does that mean I don't appreciate it? Guess it's time to goto the junk yard and fine me a 1950 sedan. Rest In Peace mother. January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/
siccostyle Posted December 5, 2010 Report Posted December 5, 2010 to me it looks like he didnt have a lot of experience driving. reason i say this is because he proly went to turn and it slid so im gonna say he turned the wheel all the way and then locked the brakes up which is a no no in snow. sucks though that was a nice vehicle X10 Brakes don't help once you start to slide on ice. Sounds crazy but the gas pedal helps more than the brakes. Probably wouldn't have happened if he had in 4X4. Oh well live and learn. 01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION
TeejayBee Posted December 5, 2010 Report Posted December 5, 2010 needs to get real tires not directional tires on a suv thats fail >,<
StreetSlappah Posted December 5, 2010 Report Posted December 5, 2010 That sucks Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center] Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/ 2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp 17" gold bbs 5% tint all around w/sunglare strip JVC dvd double din Knuconceptz 4ga wiring XS Power! Big 3 8" SAv2 d2 1800 audiopipe
Rebel4055 Posted December 5, 2010 Author Report Posted December 5, 2010 I'm still trying to figure out how the hell I'm going to pull his rims off... he doesn't have his stock rims/tires anymore. Rest In Peace mother. January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/
Loudcivic Posted December 5, 2010 Report Posted December 5, 2010 needs to get real tires not directional tires on a suv thats fail >,< was thinking the same thing. also about the hitting the gas and not brakes does work in most situations. if the truck is junk just take the rims and tires off and let it sit on the brake drums/rotors and call it a day 2015 silverado crew cab nothing atm but soon...
xXxOuTLaWxXx Posted December 5, 2010 Report Posted December 5, 2010 Okay, I live in MN and have never had an accident in the snow or ice for that matter. It's not "mother natures" fault people have these problems, it's the idiots behind the wheel. You can't expect to drive the speed limit when there is snow on the roads. I see it all the time. When it snows I take all back highways because I know there are a bunch of dumb asses that think "oh, I have a big truck that's 4wd so I don't have to worry about it. 4wd only helps in a straight line, it does nothing for turning. Slow down and be cautious, save lives, save your ride! BTW, I drive an Expedition with 4wd and and new Goodyears on it and I usually keep it 10mph under the speed limit when it gets bad out. "i'd rather die like a man than live like a coward" quoted from Tupac
TeejayBee Posted December 5, 2010 Report Posted December 5, 2010 needs to get real tires not directional tires on a suv thats fail >,< was thinking the same thing. also about the hitting the gas and not brakes does work in most situations. if the truck is junk just take the rims and tires off and let it sit on the brake drums/rotors and call it a day thats why i dont understand getting a 4x4 and putting like 20's with little tires on defeats the purpose
Rebel4055 Posted December 5, 2010 Author Report Posted December 5, 2010 Okay, I live in MN and have never had an accident in the snow or ice for that matter. It's not "mother natures" fault people have these problems, it's the idiots behind the wheel. You can't expect to drive the speed limit when there is snow on the roads. I see it all the time. When it snows I take all back highways because I know there are a bunch of dumb asses that think "oh, I have a big truck that's 4wd so I don't have to worry about it. 4wd only helps in a straight line, it does nothing for turning. Slow down and be cautious, save lives, save your ride! So your saying my buddy is a idiot? And did I say it was "mother natures" fault? And if you would have read the thread you would have seen he does in fact have a 4x4 but he didn't use it. needs to get real tires not directional tires on a suv thats fail >,< was thinking the same thing. also about the hitting the gas and not brakes does work in most situations. if the truck is junk just take the rims and tires off and let it sit on the brake drums/rotors and call it a day thats why i dont understand getting a 4x4 and putting like 20's with little tires on defeats the purpose We don't get that much snow around here. Big snow like this just happens from time to time. We are usually lucky to get 1-2 inches. Rest In Peace mother. January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/
xXxOuTLaWxXx Posted December 5, 2010 Report Posted December 5, 2010 Even yet, you didn't carefully read what I stated. Stay slow when it snows. I have a lot of experience with snow. I grew up with atleast 4ft. Of snow on the ground at all times during the winter, not 2in. "i'd rather die like a man than live like a coward" quoted from Tupac
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.