MyDenaliAintTheSame Posted December 6, 2010 Report Posted December 6, 2010 I have an 06' Yukon Denali XL, and I'm fairly new to car audio. My truck has a 10-Speaker Bose System in it right now, and I integrated two 500W 10-inch Pioneer woofers that are about 10 years old. The Bose sound just isn't clear or loud enough for me, so I'm looking to upgrade to something serious, but I don't want to spend an insane amount of money. Can anyone give me some advice on where to start, as far as what brands are the best for their prices?
El1T3Bass Posted December 6, 2010 Report Posted December 6, 2010 budget? wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood. here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now? Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic
CaptainzPlanetz Posted December 6, 2010 Report Posted December 6, 2010 budget? This.....a loud SQ system can get pretty pricey ¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ Trolls never learn............ All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls. YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS? Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.
MyDenaliAintTheSame Posted December 6, 2010 Author Report Posted December 6, 2010 budget? I'm willing to spend about 4 grand for everything.
hdorre Posted December 6, 2010 Report Posted December 6, 2010 2 stock Fi Qs- $700 AQ2200D- $389 Sundown SAX100.4- $365 Rockford T1652-s- $320 Mechman Alt- about $500 Batteries- about $400 Wiring- about $250 Headunit- about $200 Damplifier Dual Shop Pack- about $500 Total: $3700. I'm sure i forgot a few things On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
REMT15 Posted December 6, 2010 Report Posted December 6, 2010 depends on what your looking for... getting loud or just sound quality. 4,000 is a good start though.
El1T3Bass Posted December 6, 2010 Report Posted December 6, 2010 2 stock Fi Qs- $700 AQ2200D- $389 Sundown SAX100.4- $365 Rockford T1652-s- $320 Mechman Alt- about $500 Batteries- about $400 Wiring- about $250 Headunit- about $200 Damplifier Dual Shop Pack- about $500 Total: $3700. I'm sure i forgot a few things stock alt is good enough IMO... and hed only need 1 d3100. so that just cut 600. and for subs id prolly go with sony over fi... lololol jk fi q's are very good sq subs and get decently loud. i wouldnt worry to much though, ive commented on countless threads over the year of people always saying they want to do this and they have 2-4 grand and pretty much waste my time... what ever wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood. here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now? Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic
MyDenaliAintTheSame Posted December 7, 2010 Author Report Posted December 7, 2010 2 stock Fi Qs- $700 AQ2200D- $389 Sundown SAX100.4- $365 Rockford T1652-s- $320 Mechman Alt- about $500 Batteries- about $400 Wiring- about $250 Headunit- about $200 Damplifier Dual Shop Pack- about $500 Total: $3700. I'm sure i forgot a few things stock alt is good enough IMO... and hed only need 1 d3100. so that just cut 600. and for subs id prolly go with sony over fi... lololol jk fi q's are very good sq subs and get decently loud. i wouldnt worry to much though, ive commented on countless threads over the year of people always saying they want to do this and they have 2-4 grand and pretty much waste my time... what ever If possible, I'd like the best of both worlds. Even if my system would be no louder than my current Bose system, and the quality would be outstanding, then I'd go that direction. I have a factory Navi. What would I just integrate a head unit into my system to give me more control of my speakers?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.