norcal colby Posted December 6, 2010 Report Posted December 6, 2010 Ok, I have been planning a new build for my truck for a long time now. I have come down to the fact that I want 2x 10w3v3 JL subs. I figured that they will satisfy my SQ needs while still providing me with decent spl. Remember that this is a standard cab truck so any bass is right at your back. To start I will be upgrading the battery. 2400 kinetik, free from brother for xmas Next I will be purchasing an MTX JH1200 ampfor 250 bucks from a friends retail business, with warrenty from MTX. I will be using my old pioneer premier 4ch. speaker amp. The subs, as mentioned above, will be 2 JLw3v3 subsboth are 4ohm All of my speakers (2 6x9s, 2 5.25s, 2 4x6s [in headrests]) are all pioneer premier 3 ways 4ohm... Wiring will be 1/0 to the JH1200 and 4AWG to the speaker amp. Not sure yet how to wire the battery up... i want to replace currnet wires connecting battery and alt... I will be using homemade wedged boxes behind each seat. My Head Unit is a Pioneer DEH-P7200HD(im loving it except for the equalizer is a bit lacking with only 5 bands) I currently have no plans for sound deadening any tips/advice would be nice. if you would suggest any differnt products that can match the prices of the ones i listed please speak up. I am set with the speakers, speaker amp, and head unit because i already own them. I will be documenting the build later in the year if i ever get to it, so i can show all the other standard cab owners that in-cab full size subs will work
JaM Customs aka mprete Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 i have 2 10's under the back seat of my crew cap dodge and they are not shallow subs or anything. polk audio 10in mm series. forward facing boxes... 2001 dodge ram 2500 quad cab 5.9L V8 my build logs... dodge build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94914-mpretes-2001-dodge-ram-2500-quad-cab-build-log/ trik build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94447-trik-build/page__p__1298547__hl__trik__fromsearch__1entry1298547 box building thread- very cool designs (PICS!!!) http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/95713-2d-or-3d-box-pics/page__gopid__1318152entry1318152 i am a mechanic, pm me if you have questions or anything.
norcal colby Posted December 7, 2010 Author Report Posted December 7, 2010 i have 2 10's under the back seat of my crew cap dodge and they are not shallow subs or anything. polk audio 10in mm series. forward facing boxes... i dont know if i would want to put the subs under the seats.. do you have any pictures? i cant imagine there being enough space down there for 10" full size.. i believe you though
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.