Wiring Living Room For Surround Sound

Ok man, its not that bad to do it your self what you want to do is get some wall plates and boxes from the home depot or simular store here is a site to see what I mean

Home theatre instillation accesories

But if you have not sheetrocked already it will be an easy job, if its done your gonna need some fishtape. Parts express sells some great ones. What I did on the last job I did was figure out the rooms acoustical measurements (for speaker placement) Typically you want your front speakers sitting about 1/3 of the rooms width on each side of the Screen and the rear speakers just higher then the standing heighth (just about 6.5' up) and just behind the listening area. I ran all of my wire in the joist and studs and places my electrical boxes for the cover plates on a stud just as close as I could to where the speaker was going to sit. You can run your wire for cable/sat, from your tv to the reciever this way any accesory you have they have a wall plate and plug for. I even built the sub into the floor and ran the subwire the same way with a box and plate. It keeps your speaker wire that shows to a minimum and you dont have to worry about trying to get the flat stuff that runs along a wall or floor to look better.

hop that was understandable enough if you have any q's give me a p.m.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg