EclipseChris Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 Also, just remembered, your tires are dry rotted. i resolve to be a nicer moderator. Tercel build R.I.P. Eclipse build Old New V-Dub My feedback.
Daniel Brill-Edwards Posted December 7, 2010 Author Report Posted December 7, 2010 Also, just remembered, your tires are dry rotted. LOL they've been changed Daniel Brill-Edwards - Representing English Bassheads!!Old Build Log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94637-vw-golf-mk3-1996-build-from-england/ New build coming soon with SMD V1 #99YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/brilledwards
Daniel Brill-Edwards Posted December 23, 2010 Author Report Posted December 23, 2010 Ok I wasn’t planning on upgrading for a while but an amazing deal came along. I found another of my powerplant subwoofers for sale and the guy selling was in Coventry – a 15 minute drive away from me!! Within a few hours of finding it online I had met up, bought it and had it back in my room at university. Thanks Simon (Cooper) I ordered another Neutrik Speakon connector, some t-nuts and bolts from ebay. I also bought 2x4m of KnuKonceptz 12 gauge Klear Kable from Paul (Hackitt). When I got home for Christmas I went straight into cutting another hole in my box. It took about 7 hours to cut two holes in the 1” thick MDF. Daniel Brill-Edwards - Representing English Bassheads!!Old Build Log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94637-vw-golf-mk3-1996-build-from-england/ New build coming soon with SMD V1 #99YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/brilledwards
Daniel Brill-Edwards Posted December 23, 2010 Author Report Posted December 23, 2010 The circle cutter that came with the router wasn’t big enough so I extended it Bugger Daniel Brill-Edwards - Representing English Bassheads!!Old Build Log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94637-vw-golf-mk3-1996-build-from-england/ New build coming soon with SMD V1 #99YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/brilledwards
Daniel Brill-Edwards Posted December 23, 2010 Author Report Posted December 23, 2010 I only had 2 bits and we were snowed in at this point so I only had one left to do one and a half circles!! Bugger again Daniel Brill-Edwards - Representing English Bassheads!!Old Build Log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94637-vw-golf-mk3-1996-build-from-england/ New build coming soon with SMD V1 #99YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/brilledwards
Daniel Brill-Edwards Posted December 23, 2010 Author Report Posted December 23, 2010 I then used a screwdriver to snap the ring all the way round Then I drilled a hole And put the jigsaw through it 2” thick cutout Daniel Brill-Edwards - Representing English Bassheads!!Old Build Log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94637-vw-golf-mk3-1996-build-from-england/ New build coming soon with SMD V1 #99YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/brilledwards
Daniel Brill-Edwards Posted December 23, 2010 Author Report Posted December 23, 2010 Daniel Brill-Edwards - Representing English Bassheads!!Old Build Log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94637-vw-golf-mk3-1996-build-from-england/ New build coming soon with SMD V1 #99YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/brilledwards
Daniel Brill-Edwards Posted December 23, 2010 Author Report Posted December 23, 2010 Cutting the hole for the second quick release connector The drill overheated there was so much dust from such a small hole!! Tinning the ends of the 12 gauge wire for the run from the sub across to the connector Soldered to the socket pins Daniel Brill-Edwards - Representing English Bassheads!!Old Build Log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94637-vw-golf-mk3-1996-build-from-england/ New build coming soon with SMD V1 #99YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/brilledwards
Daniel Brill-Edwards Posted December 23, 2010 Author Report Posted December 23, 2010 The bolts I ordered were too big so I added a washer and 2 larger nuts to space the t-nuts out. I will order some shorter bolts and use the t-nuts properly Quick release plug I finished it in about 10 hours and had a few problems. Turns out in the dark I had muddled up the positive and negative on one of the coils. The cable is either light blue or dark blue and I got mixed up lol. Also got the + and – the wrong way round at the amp end on one of the subs so they were out of phase!! Rookie mistakes I know but I thought I’d share for people to learn!! Anyway here is a few pictures the next day Daniel Brill-Edwards - Representing English Bassheads!!Old Build Log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94637-vw-golf-mk3-1996-build-from-england/ New build coming soon with SMD V1 #99YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/brilledwards
Daniel Brill-Edwards Posted December 23, 2010 Author Report Posted December 23, 2010 Daniel Brill-Edwards - Representing English Bassheads!!Old Build Log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94637-vw-golf-mk3-1996-build-from-england/ New build coming soon with SMD V1 #99YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/brilledwards
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.