ac122345 Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 So I just picked up a R500-1 Monoblock amp. RF. If you look at http://www.halfpricecaraudio.com/Rockford-Fosgate-R500-1-Monoblock-500-Watt-Subwoofer-Amplifier-Prime-Series.htm you will see that of the four wire terminals on the amp the two left are + and the two right are - . It says 2 Ohm minimum. I have a SVC 4 Ohm JL Audio 15. Which of the four terminals would I hook up to? Can I drop the sub to 2 Ohms? AMP= RMS Wattage at 2 Ohm x 1 Channel: 500 RMS Wattage at 4 Ohm x 1 Channel: 320 SUB= RMS Power Range (Watts) 100-500 Peak Power Handling (Watts) 800 C Webbie~GO HUSKERS!
MrSkippyJ Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 So I just picked up a R500-1 Monoblock amp. RF. If you look at http://www.halfpricecaraudio.com/Rockford-Fosgate-R500-1-Monoblock-500-Watt-Subwoofer-Amplifier-Prime-Series.htm you will see that of the four wire terminals on the amp the two left are + and the two right are - . It says 2 Ohm minimum. I have a SVC 4 Ohm JL Audio 15. Which of the four terminals would I hook up to? Can I drop the sub to 2 Ohms? AMP= RMS Wattage at 2 Ohm x 1 Channel: 500 RMS Wattage at 4 Ohm x 1 Channel: 320 SUB= RMS Power Range (Watts) 100-500 Peak Power Handling (Watts) 800 Your sub is 4 ohms and you can't change that (without changing the voicecoil). There are 2 connections for speakers on the amp to make wiring easier. Both connections are the same, it does not matter which - or + you use. They are internally connected so it's your choice. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
ac122345 Posted December 7, 2010 Author Report Posted December 7, 2010 So I just picked up a R500-1 Monoblock amp. RF. If you look at http://www.halfpricecaraudio.com/Rockford-Fosgate-R500-1-Monoblock-500-Watt-Subwoofer-Amplifier-Prime-Series.htm you will see that of the four wire terminals on the amp the two left are + and the two right are - . It says 2 Ohm minimum. I have a SVC 4 Ohm JL Audio 15. Which of the four terminals would I hook up to? Can I drop the sub to 2 Ohms? AMP= RMS Wattage at 2 Ohm x 1 Channel: 500 RMS Wattage at 4 Ohm x 1 Channel: 320 SUB= RMS Power Range (Watts) 100-500 Peak Power Handling (Watts) 800 Your sub is 4 ohms and you can't change that (without changing the voicecoil). There are 2 connections for speakers on the amp to make wiring easier. Both connections are the same, it does not matter which - or + you use. They are internally connected so it's your choice. Alright, thanks! Just didnt want any confusion or blowing sh*t up lol. C Webbie~GO HUSKERS!
MrSkippyJ Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 No problem, not blowing shit up is a good thing F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.