why do certain songs hit harder than others?

When they say songs have diff amplitudes they mean their db level. Some songs are 15db which is pretty low, some louder songs are in the 18-21 range (untouched, original) and if you look to a bass cd like Bass Mekanic or better yet listen to Decaf's stuff that he does (slows songs a bit and lowers frequencies so he can boost the bass w/o clipping) and his shit will be 25-30 range (IIRC). Louder db of the bass note=louder bass line

Now you take a loud db level of the bass line and mix that with your box tuning and even cabin gain and you will get a loud ass bass

To find out the Frequency and DB level of song do this:

1. Open Audacity & Load up song

2. Click view then Zoom In, you want it to show 1:00 then two marks (for 05/10) then 1:15

3. Highlight w/e part of the song with the bass only do it for 5 secs of time. At the bottom of the program it says Selection: and shows the time

4. Analyze, plot spectrum and change 512 to 16384 & Linear to log

5. Now when you move your cursor over the highest peak and line the cross directly with the white line it will say the db level, you can move towards the right and it will pick up the diff peaks, for songs that have multiple bass notes in the 5 sec span you selected (pic below of what I'm talking about, 41hz @ 22db)

25fre54.jpg

Then after that you can go to Edit>Select All then Bass Boost and type in the frequency and by how much, if the song is say 41hz @ 15db go to bass boost and type in 41hz then boost 3-4db BUT NOTE this may cause some clipping...I did this successfully for Gudda Gudda & Lil Wayne's song "I Dont Like the Look Of It (Willy Wonka)" since it was like 15db I boosted cleanly to 18 or 19db and it hits harder now.

Edited by wonderbreadSTS

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

When they say songs have diff amplitudes they mean their db level. Some songs are 15db which is pretty low, some louder songs are in the 18-21 range (untouched, original) and if you look to a bass cd like Bass Mekanic or better yet listen to Decaf's stuff that he does (slows songs a bit and lowers frequencies so he can boost the bass w/o clipping) and his shit will be 25-30 range (IIRC). Louder db of the bass note=louder bass line

Now you take a loud db level of the bass line and mix that with your box tuning and even cabin gain and you will get a loud ass bass

To find out the Frequency and DB level of song do this:

1. Open Audacity & Load up song

2. Click view then Zoom In, you want it to show 1:00 then two marks (for 05/10) then 1:15

3. Highlight w/e part of the song with the bass only do it for 5 secs of time. At the bottom of the program it says Selection: and shows the time

4. Analyze, plot spectrum and change 512 to 16384 & Linear to log

5. Now when you move your cursor over the highest peak and line the cross directly with the white line it will say the db level, you can move towards the right and it will pick up the diff peaks, for songs that have multiple bass notes in the 5 sec span you selected (pic below of what I'm talking about, 41hz @ 22db)

25fre54.jpg

Then after that you can go to Edit>Select All then Bass Boost and type in the frequency and by how much, if the song is say 41hz @ 15db go to bass boost and type in 41hz then boost 3-4db BUT NOTE this may cause some clipping...I did this successfully for Gudda Gudda & Lil Wayne's song "I Dont Like the Look Of It (Willy Wonka)" since it was like 15db I boosted cleanly to 18 or 19db and it hits harder now.

Thanks I will definitely mess around with that.

Yesterday I managed to boost the bass on some songs and took clipping out as well.

Now I'm going to remove clipping from all the songs that I'm going to play loud

i suck men dry...email me for details

OK so I analyzed beamer benz or bentley

It hits 29hz and then peaks at 46hz

Can anyone explain this?

my box is supposedly tuned to 30hz, which would be a reasonable explanation for it being one of the hardest hitting songs I have played.

but I'm at a loss for the 46hz part.

beamer.png

Uploaded with SMD picture up-loader 2.0

Edited by casemods

i suck men dry...email me for details

46hz is the constant loudest note, as you can see its 24db...that 29hz is less than 10db, maybe 5db so not very loud and barely noticeable, box tuned to 30hz, take in your vehicle resonance and everything said in your other thread and 46hz being loud makes sense

Also, no way to remove bass clipping...when you fix clipped peaks its high frequency notes that are clipped

Edited by wonderbreadSTS

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical