why do certain songs hit harder than others?

toot it and boot it hits the hardest so far.

My settings are:

gain a little above half

punch eq off completely

ported box built to spec of sub tuned to 30hz

phone @ 12/14 volume through 3.5mm

bass on head unit all the way down (-7/-7)

treble +5/+7

no sub control on head unit

I turn the head unit to 40/40 and it's always stable.

Anyways, toot it and boot it hits the hardest, second is beamer benz or bentley and third is like a g6

Do these songs have close to 30hz in the bass line?

Is there a program or something I can use to analyze that myself?

Possible to boost it on songs that don't hit that hard?

Any ideas/suggestions or anything else very welcomed by anyone wondering the same or w/e

i suck men dry...email me for details

i didnt read all that junk but ill answer the question on the title. some songs are at different amplitudes. download audacity and look at the songs on there. you will see the difference.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

you shouldnt be running your headunit at 40/40 on volume. its more then likely clipping your speakers especially with the treble at 5/7. just a little fyi. but to the topic, like skittles said, some songs are at different amplitudes. if i really favor one song, like waka flocka no hands i run it thru windows media player on scope mode to see if its clipped, that songs clipped as f*ck btw! but the songs youre playing are more like 40hz iirc

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

I'll take a guess

box isn't designed right (9/10 arn't)

songs are made differently and have different levels

cabin peak is helping one song more than the other

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

i think that heavily relies on tuning, box tuned to certain Hz will handle a particular range much better than a wider range, like yours tuned to 30 may handle anywhere form 25 to 35 fairly good depending on subs, but it may not hit 40Hz very well, different notes in music hit at different frequencies so frequencies within your boxes tuned range will hit hardest

that sound alright to anyone else...clarification, lol

also even if you think its stable, unless your showing o-scope proof, never put h/u at maximum volume, in my reading ive seen most people stay around 75-80% of max and people that go higher still stay a few under max, i dunno max may be alright if tuned appropriately but i still wouldnt put it at max even if clean wave, id back it to 36-38

and as was stated audacity is god for boosting, editing songs

you shouldnt be running your headunit at 40/40 on volume. its more then likely clipping your speakers especially with the treble at 5/7. just a little fyi. but to the topic, like skittles said, some songs are at different amplitudes. if i really favor one song, like waka flocka no hands i run it thru windows media player on scope mode to see if its clipped, that songs clipped as f*ck btw! but the songs youre playing are more like 40hz iirc

Like I said it's stable and if I notice it clipping I do turn it down. But that rarely happens with the phone at 12/14, which is why I do it, so it's like having the head unit at 30-35. And would like to add again that the sub is turned down pretty good and the speakers are 40w and 50w rms each and only getting 20w rms if that.

But what do I do in audacity? yeah the little waves are cool but that doesn't tell me anything...

What options do I go to?

i suck men dry...email me for details

Just to touch a few things you said. Set your eq flat. Then set your amp gains. This way say some songs have a shitload of bass. You could THEN turn your bass down -1 or -2 and then songs with less bass or whatever you could keep at 0 since that is where you set your gains at. Set everything flat. Set the gains. Then if something needs adjusted go - on the eq. Turning anything up is very likely to cause a clipped signal. And also. Don't turn your radio volume up to 40/40. Try 32/40. Also by doing this. If some songs are a little quieter then other you can go to 33-34 and get a little of the difference back. Once you start cranking stuff stuff doesn't play right and doesn't play for long.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

this kid is pretty green but when i say volume 30/30, 30 is MY max, not the HU max. might be going on here too but if not then its very good advice.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

this kid is pretty green but when i say volume 30/30, 30 is MY max, not the HU max. might be going on here too but if not then its very good advice.

wtf?? whats that mean? sorry just different areas have different sayings :pardon: on my hu it goes to 35. i never go above 30 just as a safety. but for all i know it clipping there cuz i dont have an o-scope or access to one

Edited by baaudio

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k