Sonic Electronix

what's easier - routing the power to passenger side or RCA to passenger side?

Going to attempt to fix electrical interference with the amp.

I'm thinking it's the RCA's ran next to the power wire.

So I can either run the RCA's on the passenger side (easy to do, I know how to do it, for the most part)

Or find another hole on the passenger side for the power wire (which will give me about 5-8 more feet of wire)

The only problem I had with that was I was not able to figure out how to run the power wire down the passenger side.

does anyone know?

There IS a hole but it seems very hard to get to as it's got the firewall stuff right next to it, making it nearly impossible to push anything through, and I can't seem to see anything if I put my head under the hood, or under the car.

Also, would the remote wire cause any interference?

I only notice anything when I hit the brakes, at which point, the amp cuts out for a second but even with the brakes on it will kick back on and stays on (while driving) and if I look at the sub, it flexes and bottoms out when I hit the brakes, even with the lights out and engine running.

I figured it's either the big 3 (lack of it) or the power wire/remote ran next to the RCA, and since I want to do the easiest first, decided to try the power/RCA first.

i suck men dry...email me for details

Sounds like pinching rather than interference. Make sure your brake pedal isnt pinching any wires. If you dont see anything, just go ahead and switch over the RCAs (I have my RCAs and remote running right up the middle of my car on two separate side of my center console and have no inference there). Only switch over your power if you plan on cutting off the excess you mentioned.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

Sounds like pinching rather than interference. Make sure your brake pedal isnt pinching any wires. If you dont see anything, just go ahead and switch over the RCAs (I have my RCAs and remote running right up the middle of my car on two separate side of my center console and have no inference there). Only switch over your power if you plan on cutting off the excess you mentioned.

it's definitely not pinching. I ran all the wires myself and watched the idiots at the shop run the power wire.

It's either getting interference from the RCA/power or the ground sucks

rcas should be ran on opposite side of the car as power wire, i think that can cause interference, its at least what ive read multiple places when looking into wiring my stuff

power wire and ground should be wired most easily on the side your battery sits and rcas wired on other side

can someone confirm or deny

Edited by kynto

It's always smart to have as short a length as possible with power wire because the longer it is, the more diminished the signal is when it gets to the end. But also, this can be said for any wires (including RCAs). So, it's not necessarily a matter of one side or the other, it's more of a matter of shortest possible path.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

yea put the power on the side with the battery. if you have to make your own hole through the firewall its not that big of a deal. but i have experienced the difference, my first system i ran all the wires taped together on the same side and got interference, not a lot but it was there, then i learned thats why and i switched the wires and no more interference...

yea put the power on the side with the battery. if you have to make your own hole through the firewall its not that big of a deal. but i have experienced the difference, my first system i ran all the wires taped together on the same side and got interference, not a lot but it was there, then i learned thats why and i switched the wires and no more interference...

I wanted the idiots at the shop to run the power wire under the car but they insisted on running next to the RCA's which I already ran myself.

How would I find the right place on the passenger side for the power wire? Anyone done it before on a 96-ish jimmy/sonoma? There is a small hole on the floor that leads to some white material which seems hard to fish anything through.

Hole saw & a grommet. If Im reading this correct your battery is on the drivers side so there for run power/remote on drivers side. RCAs on passanger side. The reason you do this is 1.because the longer your wires/RCA's the more resistance you're going to have. And 2. You can have the best shielded RCA's in the world but if they're run next to power (Even a remote power wire) you'll get interference.

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)