Second Skin Audio

Walling a suburban

PUNKYOU007

Lets make believe that I was going to wall my suburban. What type of wall would you recommend? Post pics of the style or post up some links if you dont mind.

Equipment:

4 AQ HDC3 18's

2 Cadence C5's

The idea here is for a groundpounder but I do pull up in the lanes from time to time. I want to do bigger and better hair tricks but at the same time I want to raise my TL score. Highest to date is a 150.6 @ 36Hz.

Does changing the cabin space of a vehicle change the box rise or is that all dependent on the box? Currently I am having one hell of an issue with box rise. Wired to 2 ohm and seeing 6 ohm after rise. Basically if I walled my truck off behind the 2nd row seats would that change anything? I mean say I use my current specs on my box and just build it as a wall...would I get the same rise?

Tuning, right now I peak at 36hz. Would this change if I walled my truck off or is it peak no matter what? My box is tuned to 37hz. Should I stick with that or go any lower?

I am open to any and all suggestions/comments

Here is my current box.

4hdc184.jpg

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Chex out my sig and get some ideas.... off stock electrical I pulled a 150.3 first burp beefed up my electrical and much tuning later I could do 153xx on music for 3 mins.... but what you don't see in the build are all 7 batts and the 3rd alt due to ex wife issues and broken camera ftl

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Jeff yes everything should change. Your rise should change because the woofers and wires will be in a different location and your peak will change because the air if flowing differently and more space is most likely going to be taken by the wall.

I love how well clamshells perform. My suggestion is a ported clam either horizontal or vertical tuned to 34hz that'll drop low even for you and "speaker sex" and you should still put up numbers. and try to get around 6.5-7 per sub that'll help with your power lose from rise and not being at the 18v those amps are rated at IIRC

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

I also have upgraded electrical. I have the stock 130 and an Ohio Gen 240 amp alts. I have the same Ohio bracket as you too. I ran my belt different than you too. I have 5 batts in the truck as well.

Thats deff a unique design.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Archived