Second Skin Audio

Sa-12 or Type R?

Depends on you OP, I piss $70 daily. If $70 is a lot for you, get the alpine. If you can cough up the $70 and are willing to pay a little extra for stable electrical, better amps, and wires in the future...go SA.

What do you mean by stable electrical. And is an Audio Pipe 1500d not a good enough amp? And what wires, the powers going from the amp to sub and battery?

Ive had both. The Type-R's indeed did get loud but just had a muddy tone to them. The SA's got loud and sounded good. I like the SA better. And 3.5cubes tuned at 30-35hz with about 35-42sq in of port for a good musical box for them.

Awesome. And Yea, I have heard the R's get a little sloppy at high volume. So, 1.75cubes each chamber, plus the port?

Hey man, yeah both the type r's and the SA's were both in the same enclosure and the SAs dig a lot deeper, sound clearer and just seemed to handle the power a lot better than the R's. To answer your question about why so fast, well lets just say the buddy of mine that helped me build the enclosure in my car turned me on to sundown, told me i would be pleased, and i got made an offer by DJ that i couldn't resist so i moved on to the SA's and haven't looked back. On your power question i run them like that every day but i don't crank the volume to that high level to provide that much power to them but maybe 10-15mins a day for demos of friends and stuff just cause its not comfortable to listen to it that high driving around town and im more conservative then some i guess that like to drive around and sit at stop lights trying to look cool.

2001 Saturn SC2

4 Sundown SA 12's

2 Power Aucustik 2600BAMFs

Jensen vm9313

The R's are decent for its price. I've had several experience with them and think that they a little picky on enclosure and port area. They can play the lows too, but not very efficient. If money is tight, the R's are fine. They can get loud under the right enclosure. I can't comment on the SA because mine are still in preorder =) (15's, of course). As far as the amp goes, ap15001 will be enough to power either one. But if you want more out of the setup, i believe the SA will out shine the R's.... my $0.02

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db