Second Skin Audio

Sa-12 or Type R?

It's looking like I am either going to be getting 2 Sa-12s or 2 Alpine Type R's.

Or if you guys know of a 12 inch sub that I can get for under 190 that is better, hit me up. I have heard that the Sa's are a lot better than the Type R's, but im not really sure if thats because they really are that much better, or just because people are mad they spent more money on the Sa's.

They will most likely be powered by an AP1500d, is this to much power to give them, or about perfect? Thanks for the info guys, and done right, what kind of Db's could I be expecting. And yes I know it's not the best system, but I think it will be pretty good for a first system.

Lol, I love the alpine type rs. They are a very decent woofer. I would go off of price, which ever one is cheaper id go with. But I also see that you might be from Hawaii. Having something a lot of the other local boys don't have may fit you better.

Honestly...flip a coin.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

1.75 cubes each for the sa 12s is recommended tuned between 30 to 35hz.

I build one for a friend at 4 cubes tuned to 38 and it sound awesome.

he does 45+ on an sae 1200, 50+ with the port opened up and at 52hz.

skip to 4:00 for the sa 12s vid

I love my R-12's, but a local person has 2 SA-12's, and they sound pretty damn good too.

Basically, what HT said. A-flip-a zee coin!

Im assuming you both have 2 Woofers, so if you had to say which one was better, without factoring in price, which one would you go with? And if it is the Sa's, how much better are they?

Thanks for all the help guys, just wanna make sure im getting the real deal for how expensive all this stuff comes up to.

Anywhere beside the Sa website to buy the woofer, because it's 190 on the site, but in a different thread, I saw someone say it was like 160.

Archived