EricM9104 Posted August 24, 2007 Report Posted August 24, 2007 Well just recently I acquired a pair of 6 1/2" full-range speaker boxes for a car (can be found at most auto stores) and well the title says it all, the woofer will only play sound decently if I'm pushing down on it... What could possibly be wrong with it? Is it blown or what? 2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 110k miles | Stock 1996 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4wd | 260k miles | JVC Head-unit
TheDave Posted August 24, 2007 Report Posted August 24, 2007 something is probably wrong with the voice coil. if you have warranty on them I suggest going that route - otherwise you'll need to purchase a new speaker.
David Posted August 24, 2007 Report Posted August 24, 2007 you cant fix it, the voicecoil is no good.
EricM9104 Posted August 24, 2007 Author Report Posted August 24, 2007 Damn, I guess I'll just order 2 6 1/2" low power woofers from Parts Express next month. I don't get how one blew and the other didn't. 2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 110k miles | Stock 1996 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4wd | 260k miles | JVC Head-unit
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.