Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Will I need a new battery?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys I am getting some Type R 12's which are probably going to be run by a max 2000w amp. I've got a 110amp Alternator(Replaced my Stock), Autocraft Gold Battery 24F-6, it has 700 CCA, 875 Cranking Amps, and 130 Reserve Capacity. I will eventually get a better battery, but for now do you think it will be good enough? And if you have any amp suggestions that would be great. I'm thinking of getting an Audiopipe(heard good things about them) or a Brutus amp.

Check out my first ever aftermarket purchase!

:)
Posted

Should be fine, with what your running. Running 1500 watts with my girls 98 Camry, and Voltage only drops to mid 12's, without doing anything to the electrical.

Posted

Alright, I'm new to this so I have another question. Lets say if I got a Audiopipe AP1800D 1800W Mono Power Amplifier. Which says its 750 Watt x 1 RMS @ 4 Ohms

1100 Watt x 1 RMS @ 2 Ohm. And the Alpines are 600watts RMS. Would it be better to get the 4ohm or 2ohm version subs and set the amp to 2 ohms? I have no clue if it would work so I'm just asking you guys. Also I might upgrade the amp in the future, so I dont know if that would change anything.

Check out my first ever aftermarket purchase!

:)
Posted

Nothing really, your just allowed to do different wiring configurations with the different ohm load. You pick the one you need based on your amp.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4272 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...