DC Sound Lab

thoughts on box designs for 9 15" lvl4 XL's

In my experience of a shit ton of subs in the back it has been louder with the port up and not to the back. I have also found that anymore then 1/2 the height of the truck in box height has hurt numbers as well.

Use 2x6 to support under the subs and all thread to support the walls.

my $.02 Carry on.

Edited by kingsuv

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

its 49 1/8th wide..

not 50.

I built my last box that jay for my 6- 15" to 50" wide and it fits fine... Yes it is def a tight squeeze but it goes in with some extra motivation lol :)

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

well, just makes no sense to beat a square peg into a round hole, when a sheet of mdf is 49 1/8th wide.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

well, just makes no sense to beat a square peg into a round hole, when a sheet of mdf is 49 1/8th wide.

Tell em it wont fit and you will have guys lining up with hammers to prove ya wrong.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I understand but I'm tryin to squeeze out every inch I can.... And yes it fits man like I said it is tight but it goes in there...

I will be building with Baltic Birch wood not mdf, and king do you think I'd be better off doing port up and extending the box almost bock to the gate so I can get more are per sub?

And port up? What difference does this make in terms of a daily ground pounder? I'm not looking for great numbers all though it should put up a decent score I hope!! But will the port up help or hurt hair tricks and sound quality (not rly sq but will I hear more port noise etc...?)

Thanks for the input

Btw ray I'm not trying argue I'm just sayin that my last box was 50" wide and it fit so why not do it agn???

*2013 NEW BUILD*

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

But yea if a sheet of birch was 49 and some change I'll prob just leave it at that but every sheet I have gotten in the past was 48"....

I guess I could build the side walls .75" taller and put them to the side of the bottom and anther 2.25" for the top.. If that makes sense

*2013 NEW BUILD*

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

Well iv got 50" width and 65" long but that's all the way to the gate so we could prob do 60"...

I just kinda want kingsuv to chime back in on this alittle more bc iv always heard that in SUVs get loudest off sub up port back??

*2013 NEW BUILD*

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

Much better.

Oh and real wood sheets come in 48x96 MDF comes in 49x97 because it gives a crush cushion when they band them.

You can find MDF in larger sheets like 5x10 and up. Also you can order Birch in 5x5 sheets. If you are good with the supports in the box, you won't need as many layers for strength

Audiobahn003-2.jpg

Audiobahn001-1.jpg

Edited by kingsuv