Sonic Electronix

So my service airbag turned on like 20 min ago finally started playing system pretty loud. I should be fine correct, or do i need to fear that I could be driving and the bam FML my airbag goes off. :trippy: :trippy: :trippy: please let me know. :popcorn:

de9b8a10.jpg

Chevy Avalanche Z66-BigBlue Edition
Pioneer AVHX2700BS
Cheap dont know brand(Front)
2 Cadence 6.5"CVL midbass (Rear)
2 78 series Autocraft Gold Batteries
Stinger Battery Iso.
New Mechman 270 amp alternator
Lanzar OPTI4000D
Jbl 75.2
DC SoundLab Level 5 18
Lots of 1/0 and 4 gauge wires
Few 250/150 amp fuses
Oriental Blue House of Kolors Candy Paint
18" ION alloy 179/Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 275/70R18
z66Sig.png

Could be a bad sensor, take it and get it checked out, it would of popped if it was going to.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

when it comes to air bags I wouldn't fuck around with em. take it to your dealer and have em look at it.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

OK thanks. Glade to hear that. Should the dealer check or fix for free yall think. Dont have warranty

Pioneer AVHX2700BS
Stinger Battery Iso.
Lanzar OPTI4000D
Jbl 75.2
DC SoundLab Level 5 18
Few 250/150 amp fuses
Oriental Blue House of Kolors Candy Paint
18" ION alloy 179/Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 275/70R18
z66Sig.png

Your airbag won't just blow...there are safety systems in place (called fail safe) to keep that from happening. When there is a fault in the system the system becomes disarmed just for that reason.

Now, to the root of the issue. The most likely cause is that the airbag computer went bad. it happens. it is also about $500. legally you need to have your airbags operational, so get one from a junk yard for a lot less. I'm guessing that, since your truck is an06 or older Chevy, and you've probably taken in apart a few times, either a connection came loose from vibration and running wires, or the computer itself has gone bad for the same reason.

Try a system reset first (disconnect the positive battery cable and ground it, then reconnect. this drains all the caps in the computers for a hard restart) If that doesn't work see if a friend has a similar truck (similar trim also) to swap the airbag computer (do this with battery disconnected) If this doesn't fix the issue then you have a fault at one of the airbags.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

Your airbag won't just blow...there are safety systems in place (called fail safe) to keep that from happening. When there is a fault in the system the system becomes disarmed just for that reason.

Now, to the root of the issue. The most likely cause is that the airbag computer went bad. it happens. it is also about $500. legally you need to have your airbags operational, so get one from a junk yard for a lot less. I'm guessing that, since your truck is an06 or older Chevy, and you've probably taken in apart a few times, either a connection came loose from vibration and running wires, or the computer itself has gone bad for the same reason.

Try a system reset first (disconnect the positive battery cable and ground it, then reconnect. this drains all the caps in the computers for a hard restart) If that doesn't work see if a friend has a similar truck (similar trim also) to swap the airbag computer (do this with battery disconnected) If this doesn't fix the issue then you have a fault at one of the airbags.

Ok appreciate the help. :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

Pioneer AVHX2700BS
Stinger Battery Iso.
Lanzar OPTI4000D
Jbl 75.2
DC SoundLab Level 5 18